About a month or so and the consulate will send out P4 and interview invitation.

What to do now is make sure you have things that were requested in packet 3 like Birth Cert, Police Cert, Un-Married Cert and translations of these documents. A few extra copies of the birth cert will be useful later.

You can also prepare some of the forms that will be in packet 4.

http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/visa_packet_forms2.html

http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/forms/forms_1342.html (Fillable versions of some of the forms from GUZ)

you think interview date will be sometime in July?

End of July or early August.

For us it took about 1 month between P3 sent to P4 received, and was 5 weeks after P4 received to the interview.

Our Timeline http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=24665

What do they do as far as "qualify" when they talk about qualifiying the papers sent, if you know?

thanks,

Have not heard of that one, You just send back OF-169 with items gathered checked off, and DS-230 Part 1 to the consulate.
Guest Mike and Lily

What do they do as far as "qualify" when they talk about qualifiying the papers sent, if you know?

thanks,

hmmmm.....When they "received" mine last week, they told me that I was eligible for a interview. Nothing about "qualifying". Maybe that's a name check. I called this morning and they said I didn't have an interview date scheduled yet, but it was likely that I would get one in a few days. Usually it doesn't take long after they "receive" it, to issue the interview date and the packet 4.

thanks,

First, congrats, as I know any little bit of news is very exciting!

Once they get packet3 they run background checks on her, and maybe you too, but I don't know for sure on the latter. I think we are done at the NVC stage.

Anyways, after they do that and she comes back as not being related to Osama, then they get a interview date and send packet4 when they have that.

You should ask if the namechecks/background checks are complete, or if they've only received it. Most like they are done if they are telling you they have it, but of course the interview date won't be set and therefore p4 won't be sent until the background check is complete.

My wife's were just done yesterday (about 10 days after I sent p3 back), so we're just waiting for the interview date to be chosen and p4 to be sent. Maybe in same boat as you now. Very exciting eh... :D

Edited by mchina34 (see edit history)

Yes thank you, we are both very excited and just got off the phone with DOS and they are in the process of doing a background ck on my SO which is real good news, I am sooooooooo excited we are inching our way closer, and hope to see pink on the horizon.

Let's keep in touch and you will get interview date soon i hope.

Thanks,

Anyways, after they do that and she comes back as not being related to Osama, then they get a interview date and send packet4 when they have that.

:)

Actually Osama's niece Wafah Dufour,who was born in America, is pretty hot. I really wonder what treatment she gets when trying to pass through airport security on her way to Cancun to work on her tan.

In reality to the conversation, at this point you have reached another of those infamous sit and wait periods in the pursuit of your SO's visa. So just sit back, relax, and be happy your SO isn't Osama's niece.

BTW:

GUZ recieved my SO's packet3 May 18. We are still waiting for packet4 and the scheduling of her interview date.

:)

Actually Osama's niece Wafah Dufour,who was born in America, is pretty hot. I really wonder what treatment she gets when trying to pass through airport security on her way to Cancun to work on her tan.

In reality to the conversation, at this point you have reached another of those infamous sit and wait periods in the pursuit of your SO's visa. So just sit back, relax, and be happy your SO isn't Osama's niece.

BTW:

GUZ recieved my SO's packet3 May 18. We are still waiting for packet4 and the scheduling of her interview date.

Indeed is she! :huh: She probably gets the new see-through-your-clothes scan.

BTW:

Guess I didn't see this the first time. Do you know if her name check has been completed? That's different than if they've only received it. Go call and let us know. My life is depending on it. :)

I believe that they are doing the name check again, since we originally submitted on I-129f incorrect birthdate, so i send GZ copy of birthcertificate and they made the change. So now they must redo name check i am pretty sure,