Bringing Money into the US

Bob,

Just let her give the rest of the money to her family in China.  I am sure they will like the money.  :rolleyes:

My fiancee doesn't have any money.  So there is nothing to bring. :(

It's her money, I told her to do what she wants to do with it. The final decision is hers, not mine bummer..

Can't take RMB out of China as it is not traded anywhere, but in China. RMB wired to the US is exchanged into USD by the accepting bank. I think US10K is the limit you can carry into the US??

Don,

There was a big discussion on this on ACC also. You might be able to access the information there. ;) >Jim

I remember it. I preferred the 001 version, though because one of the posters was a banker and knew what the scoop was. :rolleyes: <_<

Banker??? Is that like a politician or an attorney? HuH? :o B) >Jim

http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/bnifiles/commentary.gif

don't you mean AAC???

1. RMB: You may take up to 6000RMB out of this country but i can not see what's the point.. :P (RMB can be used in Southeastern countries but this is not our story..)

2. To get USD: according to the regulation you can buy 2000USD from the bank at the official exchange rate..However, it's easy to get whatever you want through some side channels, i.e. from people whose salary is paid in USD but need RMB regularly, from some reliable "market dealer".. :P The market rate is not much different from that of the "official" one...

3. To take USD out: if the amount is more than $2000 (up to $4000) in cash, the bearer need to get a certificate from the bank..(easy to get just at the cost of a few bucks..)

N.B. My suggestion is NOT to take more than 4000USD in cash even the airport is not that strict with this at times......You can always wire the fund over earlier or later ... Or, deposit the fund into an USD credit card or debit card so that you can encash at ATM machines in states..There is a daily limit on this at a minor service charge though..(1% roughly)

:D :P :)