Western etiquette

does your girl curse in chinese, in her language or english.

she told me she didnt want to teach me any bad words.

i told her those are usually the first words people learn in a new language.

it all started when i asked her why are you rubbing your eye?...

you have something in it? i said....

she said very calmly and sweet sounding ( as usual)

"eye shit..."

it would not have been any issue but my mom was right there.

everyone laughed...

i explained that she should be careful using certain words.

she said i thought only F___K was wrong to say in front of other people.

:Dah:

Eye shit has come up before, but it was in Chinese or Chinglish to say.

More like, eye "da bien" :cheering:

I guess westerners would call it, "sleep." Well, that is what I was taught. Calling it "sleep" would not register with my wife.

Similar to boogers, I know it's gross, but "nose shit." :cheering:

With Chinglish we also use words like;

Give ji ba go bi room. :cheering:

Which could relate to anything, like inserting the plug into the wall socket.

She has warned me of speaking these types of words in China or public.

If one does slip out, in China, and someone hears it. She tells them it is English. :cheering:

Good face. :cheering:

Maybe this would explain one not being taught bad words. It gives one good face if never spoken. Same difference why I would tell my wife to refrain from use in public places.

I always joke with her that when we speak, Chinese people no understand and English (speaking) people no understand.

To me, I guess not being familiar with Chinese words of this nature, when spoken, they do not seem like bad words. Likewise to my wife I assume.

I can sure tell if I'm being cussed out in Chinese though. :cheering:

Soon after we met, I asked her to teach me some bad words... I thought, "Oh great! Now I can really cuss out people that cheat me, or are rude to me." It turned out that she was just teaching me how to call someone an idiot or a moron...

Long story short, she doesn't cuss in English or Chinese. She did drop the F bomb last night. After I stopped laughing, I told her not so say that word... It was the first time I had heard her say that.

Soon after we met, I asked her to teach me some bad words... I thought, "Oh great! Now I can really cuss out people that cheat me, or are rude to me." It turned out that she was just teaching me how to call someone an idiot or a moron...

Long story short, she doesn't cuss in English or Chinese. She did drop the F bomb last night. After I stopped laughing, I told her not so say that word... It was the first time I had heard her say that.

isnt that funny, they wont curse in their own language :lol:

My wife says the "s" word a lot. As for Chinese, we both say "Ta Ma De" a lot, which is a pretty general way to curse in Chinese.

I just asked Limei what does " Ta Ma De " mean. Her response? " I don't think you need to learn this word. it is not a good word"....so..I still do not know!

I need to ask my wife, but I doubt it, unless logical :cheering:

She does use the F word in private and says she does not think of it as a bad word. OK

A few times she made me mad enough to cuss. It is then she knows she pushed it too far.

NICE AVATAR!!!!!!!!!!!! esun

I need to ask my wife, but I doubt it, unless logical :)

She does use the F word in private and says she does not think of it as a bad word. OK

A few times she made me mad enough to cuss. It is then she knows she pushed it too far.

Like that huh? (You can call me Eric) :)

I need to ask my wife, but I doubt it, unless logical :CopBust:

Like that huh? (You can call me Eric) :)

Sorry Eric. I need to remember EEEEEEE

My wife told me that "Ta Ma da" means, "his/her/their mothers' ". I take it to mean something like "Your mama!"

Last month, in Shanghai, we were trying to haggle over the price of a fake rolex. The interchange turned sour. I heard her yell, "Ta ma da!". I was shocked.

• 4 weeks later...

My wife told me that "Ta Ma da" means, "his/her/their mothers' ". I take it to mean something like "Your mama!"

Last month, in Shanghai, we were trying to haggle over the price of a fake rolex. The interchange turned sour. I heard her yell, "Ta ma da!". I was shocked.

"Ta Ma Da" is a Chinese slang. When someone got angry/mad, they will say out to curse you.

"Ta Ma Da" is a Chinese slang. When someone got angry/mad, they will say out to curse you.

Ying was really surprised when she heard me use this. I found it one day studying my Chinese dictionary. Says there that it means "Damn it". But like with most Chinese, I think it is difficult, if not impossible, to translate literally.

ABC Chinese-English dictionary says, "damn it! F@!k! S#%t!" - a little more explicitly