Newspaper Interview

The local newspaper (Times-Union) just interviewed me this morning about all of this. He was very nice and attentive and asked some very good questions. He said his angle is to make it a "Christmas Story".

CNN will be here at 2pm today for the Arron Brown show and tomorrow I have another interview with an investigative reporter from a local tv station.

Squeeky wheel gets the grease!! So let's squeek!

I emailed has about that very thing. I told her while we appreciated the exposure, that she shouldnt have made it seem that everyone found our significant other that way. I dont believe there is a problem with meeting one that way, but our society does attach a negative stygma to it.

She emailed me back immediately and told me that her editor created the headline. I spoke to my publicist about it and she told me that is the way it works most of the time in media.

The reporter emailed me back and apologized and said 12 other people also sent her a similiar email.

I think they should call it "long distance bride" since it is long distance relationship. Mail Order Bride sounds like our brides will be shipped to us. Like we buy it. Actually, E-mail Order Bride doesn't sound as bad as Mail Order Bride. Just my opinion. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

http://webdeveloper.com/animations/holiday/christmas/gifs/santa.gif

I wrote an editorial to comment on the article (it hasn't been published) saying that emailing these days to women/men overseas is no different than what soldiers did and do to men and women back in the States. How many "war brides" were there back then or now? But that is looked at as quaint.

Technology has advanced to let us "speak to the world". Unfortunately many mix up the stigma of these so called "order brides" with correspondance that has evolved from letter writing.