Chinese Communities WORLDWIDE?

I understand that there is a Chinese community in Panama,and a quite large one in Peru.

Also,some kind of new project to build one in Finland.

If you know any information about these,please post it here,or provide links.

I really interested in Chinese communities in South America and Finland.

Like the Jews, Chinese communities are found world wide. A Japanese friend who is an export consultant once told me that in every country his clients have distributors or agents they are all either Chinese or Jewish. Some of the countries would surprise you.

South Africa - Chinese

Argentina - Jewish

Sri Lanka - Jewish

Jamaica - Chinese

to name a few.

A couple years ago a Chinese Jewish family in China for 1000 years used the right of return to emigrate to Israel. That left only 7 families in the city that in 1100 had thousands.

In 160 there was a Roman city in China. Roman coins used in commerce are found as far as Korea. Plato blamed the Chinese silk trade and use of thin silk togas for Rome's moral decay. Several dynasties allowed the building of Mosques and Synagogues in their capitols.

The world has never been a very big place in comparison to Mankinds ability to roam.

My parents live in Panama City. When I told my mother that I had proposed marriage to a Chinese woman, mom told me there was "quite a large community of Chinese" in her city. One Chinese couple owns a small store near my parents home. Since my engagement, my mother has befriended this couple and is constantly quizzing them for words and phrases in Chinese. My parents will be visiting China for my wedding and want to bone up on language and customs.

Most likely next year, Jianhong and I will be visiting the folks in Panama. I can get more concrete information at that time as I'm sure Jianhong (knowing very little english and zero spanish) will chat it up with any almond skinned folks she may pass while we are there.

My sister in law is from Panama, and I have visited there several times, the first time i traveled there there was a group of about 25 people on the plane traveling from china to Panama to work on a big farm that china owns, I remember seeing the sign "Peoples Republic of China" and naming the farm , it was on the main road I think about 1/2 the way to David from Panama city, and every little town we stopped in had at least 1 "Chino"---some just small food stores, some quite large, almost department stores, also there is a large "chinatown" area in Panama city. My sister in law has chinese grandparents , and relatives in Hong Kong, and Madagascar