Oh Yeah,

I got my Mom a $2.47 rose from Wal-Mart. Went to bed and slept all day. Got up and asked her how her mother's day was.

Oh yeah, I called my Step-Mom from the van on the mobile just before midnight, in case I forgot during the day, to wake her up and wish her a happy day, just before I took the rose into my Mom.

I did nothing for my wife who is a mother. Her words ran through my mind at Wal-Mart. I have become a cheap bastard because of her.

I LOVE HAVING A WIFE WHO FORGETS OR DOES NOT CARE ABOUT GIFTS ON HOLIDAYS AND BIRTHDAYS AND WEDDING ANNIVERSARIES!

The original Mother's Day, begun with a proclamation by Julia Ward Howe (the person who wrote "Battle Hymn of the Republic"), was established as a day in which all mothers the world over would hereby stand up and refuse to let another child die in another war ever.

Nice idea. I wonder how we never get that as part of the message of Mother's Day today? Just how did we get from "Mother's standing up against war" to "pamper mom day"????

You are only partially correct Curt !

The Earliest Mother's Day are traced to ancient Greece in honor of Rhea ,the Mother of Gods -The Roman's also celebrated a similar holiday.

During the 1600's England celebrated a Mothering Sunday which honored the Mothers of England .

In 1907 Ana Jarvis began a successful campaign to establish a national Mothers day-she first persaded her church to celebrate the day on te 2nd anniversery of her Mothers death and the idea spread quickly .

By 1914 President Wilson made the 2nd Sunday in May as a National Holiday and a day for American citizens to Show the flag in honor of those Mothers whose sons had died in war(with specific reference to World War 1)

The Celebration of Mother's Day is now how it should be - to Celebrate a special day for our Mothers and with out any political agenda attached to it !!!!! B)

Oh Yeah,

I got my Mom a $2.47 rose from Wal-Mart. Went to bed and slept all day. Got up and asked her how her mother's day was.

Oh yeah, I called my Step-Mom from the van on the mobile just before midnight, in case I forgot during the day, to wake her up and wish her a happy day, just before I took the rose into my Mom.

I did nothing for my wife who is a mother. Her words ran through my mind at Wal-Mart. I have become a cheap bastard because of her.

I LOVE HAVING A WIFE WHO FORGETS OR DOES NOT CARE ABOUT GIFTS ON HOLIDAYS AND BIRTHDAYS AND WEDDING ANNIVERSARIES!

My Loving wife is not materialistic BUT YOU BETTER NOT FORGET ANY BIRTHDAY ,ANNIVERSARIES OR anything she thinks she remembers that I B) promised ( like a trip to Disney world -I hate the place and I know I never promised her that !!!) I don't think that the price of the gift is important it has to be in good taste and an be sincere -

No Cheap B-----d here B)

Got my SO some roses, and a beautiful card. She does not want to go out to eat because she thinks she is getting fat. I cooked dinner, but she hated it so I took her out anyway and gave her a driving lesson. :P

Many of are SO's have children , so what are YOU getting her and what are her children giving her if anything ?

Mine wants to go to the Movies and out to dinner ,

I have no idea what her daughter will be giving her , but in my case it will be limited to the $60 daollars I gave her to spend on a gift .