Chinese Visa

My wife and I are planning a trip to China so she can visit her parents, but I need a Chinese visa first. I was told that I could not get a visa by mailing my passport and application to the Chinese consulate, because an actual person has to deliver and pick it up.

Does anyone know of a reliable visa service in or around NY that could handle this for me? I don't want to mail my passport to just anyone. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :D

This would be a question best left to any travel agencies in your area. Most can handle it for a fee.

Check with them. Maybe the travel agency you booked your ticket with before, if it was a local agency you used.

Yep, let your fingers do the walking and check with travel agencies in your area. :D

-good luck

Twice I have used Passport Visa Express .com. Very pleased with their service. Application can be accomplished on line and I then Fedex'd to them with passport and personal check. Can be tracked on line when they received, when they deliver to consulate, and when they fedex return. Their address is: 1911 North Fort Myer Drive, Suite 104 Arlington, Va. 22209. Three day turn around.

If you're in the NYC area and you and your wife can visit and book the trip with a Chinatown travel agency (sometimes they have very good deals). The agency will get you the visa as a courtesy for no additional cost than what the consulate will charge you for the visa. They run over to the embassy every week for their customers. Just remember to bring a passport picture with you for the visa. If you can download the visa application then you can have that filled out ahead of time, if not the travel agency will have the forms there. Just one reminder and it's that not all travel agencies have the same prices and deals. You have to shop around. So if you can spend half day to have lunch or dinner in Chinatown then you can shop for the lowest price tickets at the travel agencies.

Twice I have used Passport Visa Express .com. Very pleased with their service. Application can be accomplished on line and I then Fedex'd to them with passport and personal check. Can be tracked on line when they received, when they deliver to consulate, and when they fedex return. Their address is: 1911 North Fort Myer Drive, Suite 104 Arlington, Va. 22209. Three day turn around.

I have usewd these folks and visarite several times. It is easy and hassle free to use the services

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for all of the recommendations. I went with PassportVisaExpress.com and they were awesome. Their application form was online, and they even contacted me by phone when I made a mistake on my application. I was able to track the entire process, and it was really a pleasure working with them. Thanks everyone for the advice.

I live in Western NY, and have always used Oasis Visa Service, just mail the package to them down near DC and get a package back about 10 days later.

http://www.oasischinavisa.com/

If you live in the NYC area, why not just visit the Chinese Consulate in NYC?

http://www.nyconsulate.prchina.org/eng/