My New American Name

This is my first post in "Immigration Challenges." I'm wondering what I should do if I want to use a new name in America. All of my life I've used my Chinese name. It's on my Chinese passport and my identification card. And I've used it on all my American visa papers so far.

What if I want to have a new name in America? What if I want to have a name with an English first name, my Chinese family name as my middle name, and my husband's last name as my last name? Can I keep my Chinese name for legal purposes, but use my new name for everything else?

Thank you for helping me with this.

:P

I am not sure exactly what the process of name change is but I suspect it varies from state to state. If you look farther down the lists of posts in this Forum, I think there is a thread about name change. :P

Yes, HERE IS THE LINK where this topic is discussed. There is also a link in the topic to a page on name changes.

My wife and I are awaiting our certified copy marriage certificate. When we receive this, we will take it to the different agencies (Social Security, driver license, etc.) to show that she is one and the same person as her new married name.