Visa Approved and granted

:D Hello all,

My GG and I are still in shock right now and could not believe that we had the visa at the same day.

My GG went to interview today at 8:30am. He walked into the consulate without me... :blink: Well, I had to wait for him with his parents outside until around 10:45am... he walked out with a little smile and told me that the case is approved and the officer told him to come back the same day to pick up his visa... (he then kissed me, of course)...

And FYI, the officer is with slight bole headed white guy. He is very nice(according to my GG) and also I called last night before his interview to DOS... A very nice guy told me that there is a note on our case that says something that he cannot quite interprete to me what it means, but he assured me to be optimistic about his case and go for the interview. From his words I then had a very strong idea that his name check is done.

Well, I wish you guys all the luck with my heart... I know what you are going through and I really think that give GZ the benefit of the doubt... They really are trying to solve the problem...

We planned to write out the interview process later with more detail...

Dawn

Congratulations Dawn!

When was his Packet 3 submitted? I'm trying to estimate if my fiancee Lisa might also receive a visa after her interview on December 30.

I'm flying to China this Sunday (Dec 15) to accompany Lisa and her daughter to their interview - a distance of 3,000 miles one-way, even though I'll be waiting outside the entire time :blink: .

I was hoping to hear some good news about Lisa's security check being finished, but as of Tuesday (Dec 10), it wasn't. Her Packet 3 was sent back to the Consulate via overnight mail on Oct 8.

Thanks!

Season's Greetings...

Dan

Dallas, Texas

Also,

Here is our time line...(Just personal guessing... how to determine if u can get ur visa on ur interview day? it is mainly by when does GZ start ur background/name check)

P1: April 02, 2002

P2: May 14, 2002

P3: July 29, 2002

Mail back P3: Aug. 6, 2002

Name Check: Aug. 16, 2002

P4: Nov. 16, 2002

Interview: Dec. 12, 2002

Hope this help... Well I called DOS on Dec. 06, 2002. His case was still pending... when I called yesterday (Dec. 11, 2002) His case was somewhat approved... So, actually it took almost 4 months to finished his background check....

Good luck to u all guys...

Dawn