Water water everywhere!

The only way mine will stay in for a very long time is to take a bath. I guess women love baths. She has no tub in China. But here, ahhh, her and the daughter get in there together and spend at least an hour and a half. They did that several times when here.

I think one day a big tub with jets is in order.

I dislike old underwear used as a rag for wiping off the sink. It is still in there and she isn't here. Why havn't I removed it? Oh well. Yet I have more towels than one can store. I guess old rags are yet another topic. Seems all those Goodwill cloths got ripped into rags for my garage.

Anyone know where to get those big thick, LONG, white bathrobes made from thick thick towel material? The kind in fancy hotels?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know where to get those big thick, LONG, white bathrobes made from thick thick towel material? The kind in fancy hotels?

I picked one up at the local K or W mart, don't remember which one.

Had it ready and waiting for her when she arrived. :)

The only way mine will stay in for a very long time is to take a bath. I guess women love baths. She has no tub in China. But here, ahhh, her and the daughter get in there together and spend at least an hour and a half. They did that several times when here.

I think one day a big tub with jets is in order.

I dislike old underwear used as a rag for wiping off the sink. It is still in there and she isn't here. Why havn't I removed it? Oh well. Yet I have more towels than one can store. I guess old rags are yet another topic. Seems all those Goodwill cloths got ripped into rags for my garage.

One of those Jaccuzzi tubs built for two!

http://www.bluecrest.ca/bluecrest.ca/images/172-733.jpg

Had it ready and waiting for her when she arrived. :D

Was it really thick material? I looked around and saw the normal medium & thin type. I'm afraid I spoiled her in a 4 star hotel once and though she has never asked for one of those, she sure wore it all around the room that time and just loved it. This thing was like a thick towel and no way you could see through it even if soaking wet.

Edited by SheLikesME? (see edit history)

Had it ready and waiting for her when she arrived. :D

Was it really thick material? I looked around and saw the normal medium & thin type. I'm afraid I spoiled her in a 4 star hotel once and though she has never asked for one of those, she sure wore it all around the room that time and just loved it. This thing was like a thick towel and no way you could see through it even if soaking wet.

Not thin, I'm sure about that. The one I found was like thick towel material, two layers. It goes down just past her knees, about mid calf.

Your wife is tall, from what you say. It might come mid thigh on a tall person. My wife is about 5'2".

The big department stores like at a mall are bound to carry the long ones.

My fiance has the bad habit of slinging water all over the bathroom,on the floor,on the toilet, when showering,and putting the dishes away wet,and the most annoying of all,handing me a wet cup or ashtray.

Did your fiance learn that in America we like these things to stay dry?

I really really hate it when my toilet seat is covered with water all the time!

Also,that little basket in the Chinese bathroom,did she learn its "ok" to put the toilet paper in the toilet in America?

Threadbare,

Am I incorrect, didn't you say once that you were in Thailand?

Just think of your fianc¨¦e¡¯s splashing water about as a lifetime extension of Songkran! (For those unfamiliar with this Thai holiday Songkran is a Thai traditional New Year, which starts on April 13 every year and lasts for 3 days. The receiver of water is blessed and cleansed.)

TB, just think of yourself being blessed for the rest of your life!

My fiance has the bad habit of slinging water all over the bathroom,on the floor,on the toilet, when showering,and putting the dishes away wet,and the most annoying of all,handing me a wet cup or ashtray.

Also,that little basket in the Chinese bathroom,did she learn its "ok" to put the toilet paper in the toilet in America?

Threadbare,

Just think of your fianc¨¦e¡¯s splashing water about as a lifetime extension of Songkran! (For those unfamiliar with this Thai holiday Songkran is a Thai traditional New Year, which starts on April 13 every year and lasts for 3 days. The receiver of water is blessed and cleansed.)

Yes,there is a version of this festival in China.

The festival is interesting,but if you are "laowai" everybody gangs up on you with buckets and buckets of water.

DONT carry anything valuable with you because it will get soaked.

One day of the festival is the water thing,but the other days are boat races and parade,so these are definately worth checking out if you are in town.The problem with this festival is that the 40rmb hotel room skyrockets to 200rmb+,and thats for the low end rooms.

Threadbare,

Yes,there is a version of this festival in China.

The festival is interesting,but if you are "laowai" everybody gangs up on you with buckets and buckets of water.

DONT carry anything valuable with you because it will get soaked.

One day of the festival is the water thing,but the other days are boat races and parade,so these are definately worth checking out if you are in town.The problem with this festival is that the 40rmb hotel room skyrockets to 200rmb+,and thats for the low end rooms.

Yep, I see you have been there and done that. The water war in Thailand is still going on and Laowei's are definite "targets of opportunity!!"

Thailand it has resorted to the use of water cannons in some of the popular soi's. Haven¡¯t had the opportunities to experience China's water festival. Thai children are the Thai equivalent to stealth WMDs. They "cruise" around looking innocent and childlike, until a target of opportunity crosses into their field of tactical vision. Then the poor unsuspecting farang (AKA Laowei) gets nailed. These attacks are the most insidious and are the hardest to detect!

We just returned recently from LOS. I found that it is mandatory to carry personal items you don't want soaked in plastic Ziploc bag. Also, carry changes of clothing in a bag, which has been waterproofed.

Anyway, this is getting off track from the OP. I'll let my humor subside.

In seriousness in regard to the original post, IMHO there isn't much you can do with a person that has grown up this way. The Chinese bathrooms (and many other Far East bathrooms) are built to stand up to water going everywhere and are constructed with this purpose in mind! I don't really mind myself and actually do enjoy them being built this way!

My wife finally the changed the paper issue when I deliberately didn't empty the bathroom trash can. We left on a 2-week trip. Upon our return, the bathroom stunk to high heaven. When she asked why, I quietly showed her the trashcan with the refuse within, with a few explanations. After that she changed all by herself.

IMHO, your SO will just have to change this herself in regard to the water and paper issue. You know what this entails don't you? Trying to get a stubborn Chinese woman to quickly change is not at all unlike akin to kicking a Union Pacific locomotive off it's tracks.

Do you want to borrow some of my plastic bags to protect some items in the bathroom?

Edited by Cerberus (see edit history)

If you really want your wife to adapt fully to the American housekeeping standard, one of the good ways is to find her a job doing housekeeping in a hotel.

I worked as a hotel operations manager for a while. Part of my tasks is to control the quality of housekeeping and training the new housekeepers. My mother is very picky on having a clean and dry home. However, only after I worked for that hotel, I became fully aware of the American standard (even though average American population doesn't comform to that standard.)