Has your SO gained weight since being here

why I was so unlucky? When I moved here,the first one month I gained 2 or 3lbs, I was 120lbs, now I am 124lbs. Only time I lost my weight is when I was sick and didnt eat for 2 days, I was 117lbs. :D but after I was recovered, I gained back again.

i ran or walked a lot in china. I became lazy and didnt do any excersice at all.

I noticed one thing my 2 stepchildren only like eating meat, no vegetable. even one is 12 years old girl. The pork they eat one meal is equal to one week meat cooked for family in China. I doubt how they can diagest it? When I eat too much meat, I have stomach problem.

Since I arrived here, almost everyday I have stomach problem. I suspect maybe the water because my husband not used of me boiling water. At first he asked me to drink the hot water from the hot tap. No way I will drink tap water. Chinese don't like to drink tap or cold water. Do u boil water to drink in US?

We don't boil water. Used to buy bottled. Installed an in-sink filter.

Also, she still weighs 102lb but with less body fat, more lean. We both exercise 4-5 times per week and eat healthy. Biggest change for her is not using as much oil for cooking and more fish, leaner cuts of meat. We mostly use olive oil, sometimes sesame oil. Also, when she first arrived, we would prepare 3-4 dishes...just like back home with larger family. Now, two dishes, one being a vegetable, plus rice or soup.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why I was so unlucky? When I moved here,the first one month I gained 2 or 3lbs, I was 120lbs, now I am 124lbs. Only time I lost my weight is when I was sick and didnt eat for 2 days, I was 117lbs. :D but after I was recovered, I gained back again.

i ran or walked a lot in china. I became lazy and didnt do any excersice at all.

I noticed one thing my 2 stepchildren only like eating meat, no vegetable. even one is 12 years old girl. The pork they eat one meal is equal to one week meat cooked for family in China. I doubt how they can diagest it? When I eat too much meat, I have stomach problem.

Since I arrived here, almost everyday I have stomach problem. I suspect maybe the water because my husband not used of me boiling water. At first he asked me to drink the hot water from the hot tap. No way I will drink tap water. Chinese don't like to drink tap or cold water. Do u boil water to drink in US?

No need to boil water. Water from city water suppies is safe to drink anywhere in the US. It is tested regularly and treated. If you have your own well and you are having stomach problems you should have your water tested.