FYI about visa pickup

ct_shore2000

I feel bad for Curt-Ling being stuck in Guangzhou for so long waiting to pick up the visa they worked so hard for a couple weeks ago. But I just want to mention that ours was ready the second day after the interview as they told us after the interview last week. No delay. I am guessing that maybe one or two people called in sick and they fell behind in their workload.

Also, my SO pointed out to me that on the pink slip it says that even though you get the slip and pass the interview, they can delay or even deny giving you the visa for any reason whatsoever. Even after the interview she did not want to celebrate until actually getting the visa in her own hand. I'm sure it's very rare to not get the visa after the interview, but even the pink slip has their excuse for any delay pre-printed.

As my SO says, anything to torture you more.

I seem to remember 8-1-2002 when people went to pick up their Visas and all hell broke loose, all Visas were put on hold for up to and well over a year....... The long wait was known as the Black Hole Days. Lusheng and the twins went in for their interviews on July 30th and picked up the Visas on the 31st, they made it by one day. I still fell sorry for those that had their interviews on the 31st of July and were told to come pick them up on the 1st of August. Oh by the by, that is the reason Candle was formed in the first place :)

Edited by hakkamike (see edit history)

Story time.

A fellow named Bob was down in Florida as I recall. His lady had her interview on 7/30 but the VO didn't like one of her forms so he told her to fill out a new one and return it the next day. She asked for a blank form and was told no so she ended up buying one from the scalpers who used to hang around outside the old consulate location. She returned the new form on 7/31 and was told to come back the next day.

She finally got her visa the following March.

I remember Bob, Lusheng had the same form(I cant remember which one it was now) that she had to re-due and Glasses Boy(he was the VO U didnt want to get at the time) gave it to her and let he fill it out at the counter and turn it back in to him befrore the interviw finished.

Guest knloregon

Excellent history lessons for all who seek to pass through the massive bronze doors in the process to come to America---and become Americans...

Just as at the alloted time every day, massive doors slowly close together at the archives building--- (repository of all the documents of Freedon which we hold so dear) ---in Washington DC.

So too, do they slowly close to the mass of deserving foreigners, who have done everything right, by the Law to come to America.....

Those who disobey the Law---who enter illegally, are the ones rewarded with the fruits of America, in stark contrast to the protections and processes of the great documents behind the massive bronze doors of the United States Archives....