K4 visa question

Xiyu and I experience so many problems in dealing with GZ and the name check. We want to avoid any possibilities of further delays or complications.

When I originally applied for Xiyu’s K3 and Ming Le’s K4 we forsaw no complications. My stepson is 18 and prepares for the June entry examination to attend university in China. As long as he arrives in the states before he turns 21 there should be no problem. A considerable saving in tuition and a good experience we plan on him studying for one or two years before transferring to the states.

Our question to anyone with similar experience or a clear understanding of the issues is:

Can he get his visa when his mother gets hers even if he stays in China for now?

When I filed for him last summer I was assured his visa would remain valid… Is this true, anyone with experience?

Could this situation possibly delay his mother to get her visa?

I wish to make his experience as easy as possible with the least amount of time wasted in dealing with pleasurable government efficiencies waiting in front of secure borders and open doors.

Thanks for sharing any insight!