Visa Pickup or Mail

RLS

That has been on GUZ site since 2005, still talks about the old consulate location on Shamian Island. And also says address outside Guangdong province need to pick up at the Guangzhou post office.

Immigrant Visa Section Begins to Return Visas by Mail

The Immigrant Visa Unit of the U.S. Consulate General in Guangzhou, China is pleased to announce the inauguration of a courier delivery and pick-up service for all immigrant visas issued from April 27, 2005. Courier delivery will offer convenient and timely return of immigrant visas through the China Post system. Visa recipients from within Guangdong Province will have the option of the Consulate mailing the visas directly to the applicant's home address. The visas may also be picked up at the designated China Post office on Shamian Island in Guangzhou, a short walk from the Consulate. Please note that applicants from outside of Guangdong Province must, for now, pick up their visa packages at the China Post office on Shamian Island near the Consulate. All immigrant visa recipients must use the China Post system for return of the visas. There will be a modest charge for this service. Details will be provided to each visa recipient on the day of their interview.

IlovemyLi's post may indicate they changed the in Guangdong policy, the mailed it to Nanning in Guangxi province.

SEE: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=296312

That has been on GUZ site since 2005, still talks about the old consulate location on Shamian Island. And also says address outside Guangdong province need to pick up at the Guangzhou post office.

Immigrant Visa Section Begins to Return Visas by Mail

The Immigrant Visa Unit of the U.S. Consulate General in Guangzhou, China is pleased to announce the inauguration of a courier delivery and pick-up service for all immigrant visas issued from April 27, 2005. Courier delivery will offer convenient and timely return of immigrant visas through the China Post system. Visa recipients from within Guangdong Province will have the option of the Consulate mailing the visas directly to the applicant's home address. The visas may also be picked up at the designated China Post office on Shamian Island in Guangzhou, a short walk from the Consulate. Please note that applicants from outside of Guangdong Province must, for now, pick up their visa packages at the China Post office on Shamian Island near the Consulate. All immigrant visa recipients must use the China Post system for return of the visas. There will be a modest charge for this service. Details will be provided to each visa recipient on the day of their interview.

IlovemyLi's post may indicate they changed the in Guangdong policy, the mailed it to Nanning in Guangxi province.

SEE: http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?...st&p=296312

Yes, Dan I did read that post. But I'm wondering if that was one isolated case? I have not heard of that from anyone else. I would like to find out for sure because we will be dealing with this in another month.

Yes, Dan I did read that post. But I'm wondering if that was one isolated case? I have not heard of that from anyone else. I would like to find out for sure because we will be dealing with this in another month.

When I was in Guangzhou and my Yu got the pink, the sheet indicated the in Guangdong policy, but I too wondered about it, the people collecting the fees, and mailing preferences and address were representatives from China Post not the consulate, you fill out the mailing label with the address you want the visa posted to and they do the rest.

I suspect that the post office will mail it to any address you specify, as was the case for IlovemyLi.

When I was in Guangzhou and my Yu got the pink, the sheet indicated the in Guangdong policy, but I too wondered about it, the people collecting the fees, and mailing preferences and address were representatives from China Post not the consulate, you fill out the mailing label with the address you want the visa posted to and they do the rest.

I suspect that the post office will mail it to any address you specify, as was the case for IlovemyLi.

This is my understand too!!

As i will be with my wife in GUZ next month for her interview!

My wife lives in Chongqing and she seams to know something i do not?

She says the china post will mail the visa to Chongqing!!

Now i have no idea where she is getting this INFO.

But i do know for a fact that one of her friends that also lives in Chongqing just had her interview in GUZ last month and she had her visa mailed to her home in Chongqing. Received it in two days by EMS.

I agree with Dan, I figure after Guz sends the visa to the China post.

China post then can just do as they please as long as they get payed.

Money is money, RIGHT? This is just IMO.

I guess we will know next month, Maybe? :unsure:

Has anyone heard any updates on this issue? ;)

RLS your fiance is from Nanning. So is mine. She had it mailed to her home and it arrived 2 days later. If you wait in Guangzhou you might get it in 2 days, or you m'ight not. Just pick one and go for it.

Thanks, I think I'll have to wait and see what the situation is and how many "hotel" nights she'll have to stay there.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd keep in mind that the Consulate can (and does) call 'approved' applicants and ask for more info after the interview.

If you are waiting in Guangzhou you can provide things quickly.

If you have went home there is no chance to provide things quickly and will end up making an 'overcome' appointment at least a month later.

During our stay last week, 3 of 6 people we talked to had a pink then received a call the afternoon after their interview. The extra items ranged from more fingerprints to the extreme of DNA testing for a mother and son.

The two extra nights in Guangzhou are a small part of the total costs of this process. You can sit outside at a pizza place (Pink Pig, seemed a lucky name!) right next to the Consulate and watch the China Post van pick up the metal boxes at about 4:45 PM. If your phone hasn't rang by then, you'll have a visa waiting the next morning.