Bing's son turns 21 in september is single and going to college in Malaysia. I thought that because of the life act if I file before he turns 21 and is unmarried he can accompany his mother here. I just received this email from a friend in a similar situation. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Carl

Hi Carl .I just received an e-mail from Guangzhou reguarding Li Hua's son jack/They say if he turns 21 before the visa is granted he will not be able to follow his mother t o U.S.I am not sure that’s official but I thought you'd like to know what they said.I feel there must be a way around that ,perhaps another type of visa .if you get any other info let me know.Thanks Jim

We are in the same situation. My wifes son turns 21 on July 9th. The law states he must have his AOS before his 21st birthday. We applied two weeks ago. They assured me they expedite these all the time under these circumstances. To my knowledge there is no other way.

I think the e-mail your friend received is correct. If he turns 21 before the visa is issued they won't let him come.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...
We are in the same situation. My wifes son turns 21 on July 9th. The law states he must have his AOS before his 21st birthday. We applied two weeks ago. They assured me they expedite these all the time under these circumstances. To my knowledge there is no other way.

I think the e-mail your friend received is correct. If he turns 21 before the visa is issued they won't let him come.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Jim

Thanks Jim. Since I just recieved NOA-1 about 2 weeks ago I think it's fairly safe to assume that Bing will not get her visa before September when her son turns 21. What are our options then? How long does it take? Do we have to wait until she has her permanent resident alien status before we can begin the process of bringing him here?

Carl

• 2 weeks later...