Fiance sent Different Hotel for travel to GZ

Guest blsqueaky

Guest blsqueaky

My fiance sent me today the name of a different place i GZ to stay at on my travel. Looked at the web site, and the location and it looks just great, and the prices better than the Victory Hotel.

Wondering if anyone else might have stayed here or heard of it? One thing that she did state that was different was that the standard room at the Victory does not even have a window, and the standard room at this one has a window overlooking the river.

If you want to check it out, www.aiqunhotel.com. Please let me know what you think.

Sorry, do not know how to actually put a web page in a topic. <_<

I think this is the Hotel i stayed last time when i went to GZ. You have to take taxi go to U.S. embassy. Well their buildings look great in the photo but since they are old i dont think they are as clean as Victory. their room is ok and does has windows. But i really don't like the small stree behind this hotel. it is really so crowd and dirty and a lot small resturtants there.

I really don't think i will stay there the next time if i go to pick VISA. I would rather stay on the same island where U. S. emabssy is. I think a good area is also important and you can go to Embassy only on foot then.

well this is only my opinion.

It is just not that easy to pick a good hotel as we wished during this SARS period.

also as Mick mentioned here "I think a much better choice is the Shamian Hotel. It is located near the White Swan Hotel, kind of across the street and down the block toward Lucy's Bar and Grill. You kind of have to look for it. There is a large sign over the entrance. The rooms are nice and can be had for around 250 RMB. Also, the location is great. We were able to get a discount the last two times we were there, once in February and once in March. "

i wonder if room in Shamian Hotel has windows or not <_<

The Aiqun Hotel is a 3-stars hotel whereas the Victory Hotel is a 4-stars hotel. You can't judge by photos of the room (from flier and web site). I stayed at a 3-stars hotel in Guangzhou before and it was very dirty and smoky. The room was fine but the bathroom was disgusting.

Guest blsqueaky

SBS and ttlee, thanks so much for your reply. Right now I guess that I pretty much have to trust what she thinks, mostly because she does live on Shamian, and I have to trust that she would not stir me wrong. I will ask her about the Shamian Hotel tho.

I know that if I would have travelled last month, I could have received a nice discount at the Victory, but now her friend says no discount since this is now the travelling season. Oh well, my loss, dayum job of mine :D