Is 2nd vaccination required after enterring USA

Guest agl88

Guest agl88

Hi All,

It has been one month since my wife came to the US. She was told that she need to have another vaccination shot after 6 weeks.

Does anyone know if the second vaccination is required?

By the way, I think new INS organization is more efficiency since she got her green card less than 3 weeks. Her case is IR1.

Thanks,

agl88

Vaccination against what?

Perhaps she had the first course of a multicourse vaccination in China such as hepatitis. This would be a medical issue rather than immigration.

Perhaps there is something I'm not aware of (that certainly wouldn't be a first!) but I can't imagine an INS type requirement.

The reference to followup shots is for TD (tetanus-diptheria) and varicella (chicken pox) which are taken approx 6 weeks apart. If your wife didn't get the followup shots, she needs to take them within the prescribed timeframe, or risk starting all over again.

Hepatitis B is not a required shot.

The only thing I can tell you on shots is Yans is good for four months, her last part was in March, now we wait and will have to go to the health dept. for the continueing part, as most doctors have to order this and it costs more, check with the local health dept, they can help :angry:

Guest agl88

Thank you for the response.

I have not seen anyone with IR1 case status to take second vaccination although it may be advised to do that.

agl88