How do I dial this number

aclassic

When I make a call from the U.S. to China, I normally dial the number as follows: 011 86 20 12345678. Assuming I was in GUZ how would I dial that number? B)

86 is the country code, not needed in China. 20 is the Guangzhou area code not needed in the city. You can use the rest but I have run into some that required the 1 and others that didn't so I am not sure what determines that. Can anyone help more? Of course you can try both ways to see which works. More often it was without the 1.

When I make a call from the U.S. to China, I normally dial the number as follows: 011 86 20 12345678. Assuming I was in GUZ how would I dial that number? B)

86 is the country code, not needed in China. 20 is the Guangzhou area code not needed in the city. You can use the rest but I have run into some that required the 1 and others that didn't so I am not sure what determines that. Can anyone help more? Of course you can try both ways to see which works. More often it was without the 1.

I think they use 0 instead of 1, so it would be 0 20 12345678, Without the city code, it would be 12345678 (without the zero, I think).

All cell phone numbers in China (China Mobile and China Unicom) have 10 digits and usually look like this: 13XXXXXXXXX.

All area codes in China begin with a 0. Some srea codes has 3 digits and some have 4, ie. Bejing-010, Guangzhou-020, Shenzhen-0755, Qingdao-0532

All land lines in China have 8 digits (NOT counting area code)

Making a call within China:

From a cell:

to another cell- 13XXXXXXXXX (roaming or not)

to land line within your cell's home area- XXXX XXXX

to land line while roaming- 0XX or 0XXX then XXXX XXXX

From land line:

to cell- 13XXXXXXXXX

to land line within same area code- XXXX XXXX

to land line with different area code- 0XX or 0XXX then XXXX XXXX

Calling USA from China (call your cell or land line phone company to activate international calling feature on your account):

From a cell- 001 then XXX-XXX-XXXX

From land line- 001 then XXX-XXX-XXXX

Calling the police in China from any phone (cell and land line): 110

Calling the police in Hong Kong from any phone (cell and land line): 999

If you have a GSM cell phone, dialing 112 will get you the police in most countries around the world.

Hope this help.

Edited by toy_rn65 (see edit history)

Great info :lol:

All cell phone numbers in China (China Mobile and China Unicom) have 10 digits and usually look like this: 13XXXXXXXXX.

All area codes in China begin with a 0. Some srea codes has 3 digits and some have 4, ie. Bejing-010, Guangzhou-020, Shenzhen-0755, Qingdao-0532

All land lines in China have 8 digits (NOT counting area code)

Making a call within China:

From a cell:

to another cell- 13XXXXXXXXX (roaming or not)

to land line within your cell's home area- XXXX XXXX

to land line while roaming- 0XX or 0XXX then XXXX XXXX

From land line:

to cell- 13XXXXXXXXX

to land line within same area code- XXXX XXXX

to land line with different area code- 0XX or 0XXX then XXXX XXXX

Calling USA from China (call your cell or land line phone company to activate international calling feature on your account):

From a cell- 001 then XXX-XXX-XXXX

From land line- 001 then XXX-XXX-XXXX

Calling the police in China from any phone (cell and land line): 110

Calling the police in Hong Kong from any phone (cell and land line): 999

If you have a GSM cell phone, dialing 112 will get you the police in most countries around the world.

Hope this help.