I got a question concerning AP, GreenCard and Visa

Ok.... My Wife, Son and Daughter are going to China this summer.

My wife is still waiting for her GC due to Namecheck still pending soooo we had to file for the AP. My son has his GC sooooo we assume No Problem. My Daughter is a US citizen but is only 1 1/2 years old. Do I need to get her a Passport and a Visa so she can travel?

Patrick & Li

My wife is still waiting for her GC due to Namecheck still pending soooo we had to file for the AP. My son has his GC sooooo we assume No Problem. My Daughter is a US citizen but is only 1 1/2 years old. Do I need to get her a Passport and a Visa so she can travel?

Patrick & Li

Yes. Age does not matter. Every US citizen is required to travel on a US passport, infants included.

My son (American citizen) who is a one year old is in China now. He had to have valid passport and visa to enter China.

Apply for it right away. As someone else posted, the new laws have increased processing time for passports. The estimated time right now is 10 weeks normal, 3-4 if you use expidite service. After you get her passport, then you will have to send it off your the visa, putting about another 2 weeks on the process.

Also if she is traveling alone with the children, your wife will need a notorized Authorization for International Travel Statement from you.

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)

A co worker was stationed in korea and married a korean lady. Their children were born here,have us passports. After a visit to korea they were going through customs and immigration. They were held up there as agent tried to get 3-4 year old daughter to talk. Shy she would not say a word. 10 minutes went by. Father started to ask daughter questions also. He knew the agent wanted daughter to speak english. She said a few words and it was .....have a good day from the agent..Wish they would watch the border that close....

Patrick & Li

Also if she is traveling alone with the children, your wife will need a notorized Authorization for International Travel Statement from you.

Where do I get this authorization form? Does it have an official number or letter like the AP being a I-131?

Patrick

Edited by Patrick & Li (see edit history)

cut and paste to a word doc, edit as you wish.

http://www.ilrg.com/forms/auth-foreigntravel.html

That's the ticket, I would say!

Cool form! :sleeping:

The one he sent you the link for was the exact one we used.

One thing you may want to ask a notary in your area for exact wording they want for their section. Mine had me change it slightly to adhere to Oregon law.

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)