AOS is A-OK!

A Brief Overview for those who care:

The interview was short & sweet. The IO was a nice lady - if I knew her name & address I'd send her a thank you card. The whole family was interviewed together - that is, me, the wife & her daughter, even though the daughter had her own appointment time.

After swearing in, the atmosphere was pretty casual, even though I was white-knuckled the entire time. We were asked a couple of fairly tame questions, like how did we meet; had I met her family; are we getting along, etc. She could tell all was well from our demeanor.

Then the I-485 questions from top to bottom. And that was the gist of it. I brought way more stuff than I needed. They didn't ask to see any photos- nor employment letter - nor the revised Support Document - nor half of what I had with me - mainly pulling stuff from our previously-submitted file, although I did need to give her a copy of the marriage license; some bank statements showing joint account and an insurance policy showing her as beneficiary, etc. - each time I gave her what she asked for, she replied with "Excellent".

All-in-all, it was much worrying for nothing. We were told we'd be getting our conditional card in a couple of weeks. She handed me a little reminder letter showing the dates of the 90-day window during which I'd need to file form I-751 for removal of conditions: between Dec. 15, 2008 & March 15, 2009, which - so I don't forget - first thing tomorrow, I am going to have tattooed on my forehead.

So - a big "WHEW!" - and thanks for your support and help.

Fred

Easy way to remember for you (and me):

Send in the form a little before Christmas of 2008.

Even better (if you can remember), is to fill out the form and send it off on the Pearl Harbor Attack anniversary of next year (2008).

Congratulations, glad to hear about another AOS success!

You said you thought your brought way more than you needed. I am of the belief that bringing so much material is evidence in and of itself.

At our AOS interview, we brought two thick, heavy, fully loaded bags of photo albums, paperwork, etc. The IO even commented on how much we had. I think when they see how fully prepared you are, that visual sight alone makes a good impression......vs. a 'scammer' who may come fairly emptyhanded.

Again, congratulations!

Congrats Fred..

Nice to hear everything went well.

Yes, you took too much, but if you left anything at home that would be what they wanted. So I would rather take everything and be asked for nothing (This was us) then take nothing and be asked for everything.