Retiring in China...Why?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Golly Jim if I was a wealthy Texas rancher I might stay too... :unsure:

But seriously China has blue flowers too... :D

I have sent many images of my (soon to be our) ranch to my fiancee. This morning I sent her the above photos that I took yesterday and she made a comment that stuck with me. She said that tonight I should say a prayer of thanks to my ancestors for providing us with such a beautiful place. I think I will.

Roger, monetarily, I'm not rich, but I am wealthy in family, friends and a place to call home. For all my life, I have spring and Easter memories of this place and now I will have another person in my to share this special place. The legacy carries on. And I'm sure China has blue flowers, but they aren't Lupinus texana, the Texas Bluebonnet and State Flower of Texas! Happy Easter ya'll.

As aye,

Jim

Here is a different spin on things

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/China/IC20Ad01.html

Nothing new there...As I've said numerous times rural land is NOT treated the same as urban properties... :unsure:

...nor are it's people.

This statement out of the article sums it up. "It only goes to show that China's rural and urban division is going to continue for a long time."

With unforeseen consequences, I might add.

My first trip to China left me thinking of living there. Second trip left me a bit less enamored. Third trip, I couldn't wait to leave. Forth trip was to get Xiahong to GZ for her visa and get the hell outa Dodge.

Two weeks is about all I can stand. I hate the food, the smells, the noise, the mass congestion, people pushing their way into an elevator car that is already overfull; etc. If I was forced to live in China, I'd shoot myself within a month.

Oh, Xiahong has been here for 3 1/2 years and has no desire to go back even for a visit.

My thought are the same. I don't think I can live in China. If I do, it would be somewhere nice and small but the weather is very hot and humid everywhere. I would much prefer Sweden.

My first trip to China left me thinking of living there. Second trip left me a bit less enamored. Third trip, I couldn't wait to leave. Forth trip was to get Xiahong to GZ for her visa and get the hell outa Dodge.

Two weeks is about all I can stand. I hate the food, the smells, the noise, the mass congestion, people pushing their way into an elevator car that is already overfull; etc. If I was forced to live in China, I'd shoot myself within a month.

Oh, Xiahong has been here for 3 1/2 years and has no desire to go back even for a visit.

My thought are the same. I don't think I can live in China. If I do, it would be somewhere nice and small but the weather is very hot and humid everywhere. I would much prefer Sweden.

SWEDEN... :blink: You must be a fan of winter and DARKNESS...But about China and it being hot and humid everywhere... :blush: It just ain't so...Yunnan, where we plan to live in the summer, is delightfully dry because it is at a high elevation, except the very southern part. We opted for the central region at 5300'... :D Oh and it's also at 24 degrees north latitude...LA is a far northern city at 34 degrees... :o

Guest knloregon

Cool!

Interesting about your post on the infastructure improvements in Yunnan---boy isn't that true! everywhere you go they are buiding roads and rail Yunnan, given its better environment has a very bright future in China! I am particularly interested, (because of its location) at the nothern end of what used to be called French Indochina ---and now building good transportation links south into the heart along the Mekong..... Future looks bright!