Still no P4!!! Interview on May 12

My fiancee's interview is on May 12th, and we still haven't received P4.

GUZ stated they mailed P4 on April 15th, it's May 1st in China now. I've emailed them our problem and they replied back by saying that:

1. Arrange a time to pick up another P4 in front of the main gate at the Consulate

or,

2. Reschedule for another interview date by sending a fax - GUZ states this will take a month for them to receive and process

We have planned to meet in GZ on Thursday, May 8th, in hopes that the P4 will arrive before the 8th. But still no sign of P4!

What should we do???

GUZ is closed until Monday, May 5th, so our only last hopes if for P4 to arrive soon and to call GZ like crazy on Tuesday, May 6th and tell them to have a P4 ready for pickup in front of the gate.

Our last alternative is for my fiancee to arrive in GZ Wednesday night, wake up early Thursday morning to pick up P4, and come get me at the airport and then we hurry on over to the Shamien hospital for the medical check....

Any thoughts????

:o

Guest Jan

My fiance also did not receive his packet in time to get medical done in Beijing and go to GZ as planned the day before. We called GZ and first were told that he should go to the embassy to pick up the packet. This would mean that he would have to arrive in GZ almost one week before the interview as the time span to the interview included a weekend.

Knowing what happens at GZ, we decided to call again to get exact info as to how he would get in. He was given a time and place to meet outside the embassy where his name would be called. They also had his cell phone. When he arrived at the embassy at the appointed time he waited and waited and no one came out. He asked for help from guards who said "we know nothing about you." He asked them to call inside...they refused. He was told to call the 8121 - 8000 number and after getting through three times was rebuffed and hung up on. One and one-half hours later he called me and said he could not get any help and maybe I could get help because I was an American. I remembered the number I had: Emergency for American citizens only: 13902293169 and FORTUNATELY someone answered. I said my fiance had an interview in six days, had not received his packet, had come to the embassy as told and had been waiting outside for one-one/half hours and no one would help. I gave the individual my fiance's cell phone. Five minutes later someone came out and gave him the packet (with 5 forms missing, of course). He got three of the forms from the guards and was told he could get the other forms on the day of the interview. He was treated very coldly...and was told as he was handed the packet: "we forgot." I tried for two hours to call the emergency number back to thank the individual for his help and could not get through...all I got was something like "the number you dial...power off." So, I considered myself very lucky to get through.

The only reason we knew of the interview in the first place was that I called DOS every five days to ask if an interview had been scheduled.

My suggestion: If you are told to go to GZ, get a person's name and private number to call inside. They cannot be trusted to follow through.

Interview itself lasted five minutes and was successful...visa in hand.

Good luck!

Jan

Thanks for all the advice so far. I am angry that GUZ would do anything like this, but then again I'm not surprised.

I will be in GUZ with my fiancee next week, and we will beat and conquer this dilemma.

If worst comes to worst, I will go in on Thursday during American citizen service hours.

Our interview is on May 15, and P4 has not arrived yet(our case is employment based). We plan to leave US on May 9 and will go to GZ probably on 12th. We'll try to contact GZ to schedule for the pickup of P4 if we do not get it before we leave US. Our concern is that if we fail to get the P4 outside the consulate, what should we do? We are not US citizens and cannot go into the consulate. Your advice is greatly appreciated.

When you stated "we", does that mean you and your fiance/fiancee? If your fiance/fiancee is an American citizen, he/she can go inside the Consulate during American Citizen Service hours and request for the P4. This is what I'm going to do, if my fiancee doesn't receive P4 in the next few days.

Both my husband and I need to have the interview b/c it is an employment based application. Neither of us can go inside the consulate to get the P4. That's why we are so concerned. If we cannot get it outside, what should we do?