Price Hike

Ok, thanks. The way things move in our congress, it shouldnt affect me ...

phew.. :blink:

There seems to be major push back against this on the Democrat side of Congress. It seems the message resonating is that this is a tax increase on poor immigrants, exactly what the

Democrats don't want on their record.

Ok, thanks. The way things move in our congress, it shouldnt affect me ...

phew.. :blink:

There seems to be major push back against this on the Democrat side of Congress. It seems the message resonating is that this is a tax increase on poor immigrants, exactly what the

Democrats don't want on their record.

Makes sense... who would want to be seen doing that?

The proposed price hike which must be approved by congress is from the current $275 (including biometrics) to $465.

Yeah, I saw that Carl. I am hopeful that the slooooooooooow moving government wont pass anything prior to Apr 10th, when I send in my application...

B)

I don't have a problem with fee increases if they improve processing time and they truely aren't bringing in enough money to cover that processing. Some of these fees though are way out of line. Raising AOS fees to $905 for instance. I seriously doubt that it costs that much to process an I-485. Combined with the expenses of the interview, the medical exam and airfare over here that $905 is a huge burden to place on a newly married couple. There is also their track record. Previous price hikes did not improve service. If anything it's worse. They would have to do a lot of convincing to get me to buy it.

I am not directing this comment at anyone, but finding a SO overseas if done correctly is an expensive process, and getting to know someone correctly is an expensive process so doesn't this fall under that concept that if you have to ask or worry about it , YOU CAN"T AFFORD IT???

The more I read the more I find that the successful relationships are those where both parties took their time and got to know each other, had multiple trips (not just the fantasy trip) and really know who their partner is.

The relationships that seem to fail (this is a generalization) are the ones where the parties talk for a few months, have one trip and live in a fantasy world until they start to live together and find that they do not know each other and do not necessary like each other.

The costs and the trips are an investment in our future relationships. We need to treat them that way. If the fee is $250.00 and then goes to $450.00, is your SO less worth it as the cost goes up???? I hope each of our answers is our SO is worth whatever the cost is.

Edited by phantom1949 (see edit history)

I am not directing this comment at anyone, but finding a SO overseas if done correctly is an expensive process, and getting to know someone correctly is an expensive process so doesn't this fall under that concept that if you have to ask or worry about it , YOU CAN"T AFFORD IT???

The more I read the more I find that the successful relationships are those where both parties took their time and got to know each other, had multiple trips (not just the fantasy trip) and really know who their partner is.

The relationships that seem to fail (this is a generalization) are the ones where the parties talk for a few months, have one trip and live in a fantasy world until they start to live together and find that they do not know each other and do not necessary like each other.

The costs and the trips are an investment in our future relationships. We need to treat them that way. If the fee is $250.00 and then goes to $450.00, is your SO less worth it as the cost goes up???? I hope each of our answers is our SO is worth whatever the cost is.

Yup, of course she is worth it. Also, it wasnt a question of too much, it was more like I had heard that the rate was increasing, and wondered if its true, and the date... I submit our 751 in just a month... so I call it a case of making sure.

Yup, of course she is worth it. Also, it wasnt a question of too much, it was more like I had heard that the rate was increasing, and wondered if its true, and the date... I submit our 751 in just a month... so I call it a case of making sure.

COOL!!!!

My comments were more of a reality check for others....... I meant not disrespect but was just checking.

Ability to afford it or not is not relevant. I would think those of us that have wealth (myself NOT included, but we get by ok) probably gained that wealth in part by being frugal, or at least being responsible with their money.

i don't see any reason to flame, even lightly, or serve as 'reality check' when it is logical for people not want to see their costs go up.

if you *want* to throw some money away, I have a POBox you can toss all you want at. :rolleyes:

COOL!!!!

My comments were more of a reality check for others....... I meant not disrespect but was just checking.

Edited by mercator (see edit history)

Ability to afford it or not is not relevant. I would think those of us that have wealth (myself NOT included, but we get by ok) probably gained that wealth in part by being frugal, or at least being responsible with their money.

i don't see any reason to flame, even lightly, or serve as 'reality check' when it is logical for people not want to see their costs go up.

if you *want* to throw some money away, I have a POBox you can toss all you want at. :unsure:

COOL!!!!

It is amazing how people get defensive for the wrong reasons.

When people say the cost of finding a foreigh partner is not relevant, it is amazing on how wrong and how defensive that is.

Let's look at the process.

A person cannot afford to take more then on trip to China. The man writes to a woman in China, and web cams to her. The man falls in love with a lady without ever meeting her!!! Then the man takes ONE trip to China, The FANTASY TRIO and both parties decide to get married or do the K1 process. Then there are no more trip - the guy cannot afford them.

OK, now the lady comes to America and both lovers are living together. BUT THEY ARE STRANGERS. If they are LUCKY, and want to work things out, then great but if not, either the man or woman are unhappy or both and the relationship falls apart.

I have been on this site only since what November or December. What has happened since then:

1. Scott or FC. Well Scott (who is a really nice guy) could not afford to get to know his SO and looked what happened. HE did not know her when he married her. People on this site who worked with Scott, said his ignored but knew he had problems before his SO ever got here. Scott has not admitted that but people who know him a lot better then I do have.

2. There was the woman who came here on a K1 VISA and while in China the man got her pregnant. Well she was here in the USA and had to get to married or her and her baby would be shipped back to CHINA. DID THEY KNOW EACH OTHER???

3. There was the Chinese wife who was pregnant in December and had had two abortions and wanted this third child. The man told her to choose between him and the baby.... Did they know each other....

4. There was the man who shot guns off in his house and somehow tried to justify it was not his fault....... Behind the scenes it was said he had a drinking problem. Did the wife know her husband and what problems he had?

5. There is the wife who came to the USA and was so absored in her future that she had no time for her new husband??? They had other issues that are not appropriate to discuss here. But they do not know each other. I have spoken to the husband and he is a really nice man and a professional and I hope things work out. But he is married to the woman of his dreams and they do not seem to know each other.

Gosh (I'm allowed to say that as I live in Texas), there are a few other stories but why write a novel here.

The point is that many here are marrying women who they do not know. Many men are not necessarily telling theith SO what their financial condition is and when the woman comes here she is shocked.

Money does not make a good marriage. If the woman is marrying you for your money, well that's sex ofr money and not a relationship.

But if the men here cannot AFFORD to really get to know their SO, then what is the difference between marrying A Stranger in China or going down to the local bar, getting drunk and waking up in the morning married with a stranger laying next to you? Either way you are marrying a stranger.

The point I am trying to make is that if you want a relationship with a woman from China or any other country, you both really need to get to know each other. And with all due respect, Web Cams and E-mails is not the same as being with the woman for weeks on end on a regular basis.

The point is to get to know your SO, I mean REALLY get to know her. And that takes more then one trip. Does she know that you have a mortgage on your house and that it will take 15-30 years to pay it off? In China the homes may cost less but the Chinese are acustomed to paying off their mortgages in a short period. This does matter to some SO's and maybe not to others.

DO you want children and what does she want? I stopped talking to some women who said they wanted to have children and while I love children and would if an ACCIDENT happened while married would love the child, for planning purposes I do not want to plan having any more children (I have enough). What does your SO want? Do you know? Did you ask???

Someone on this site wrote that many chinese woman in this country want the man to be making $100,000+ so they look to China. When we saw with Scott, they his SO was not happy with his financial position and looked what happened.

Are we open with the ladies we are talking to or do we lie by ommission?

I'm in the early stages and when I question what people do, some will say maybe I should be be looking for a foreign wife. After thinking about it, I say I am interested in a foreign wife, but maybe there is a better way then what many are doing.

Instead of living in a fantasy world after our fantasy trip, some reality is needed. One member who made the trips, was blasted here for being too choosy. But he is married to a beautiful an deducated Chinese lady and they are veyr happy (I know he is). I know another couple who spent a few years getting to know each other and they are both so deeply in love that it makes me smile to think of them (Bobby and Emma).

It seems the people here who take the time and spend the money to really get to know their SO's end up with happy and loving relationships.

I am not blasting anyone as the women seem to make the same mistakes and find they do not know the man they married.

So, what is wrong with getting to know the lady you think you want to marry??? And getting to know someone costs money. If she is here, the cost is on dates and dinner and flowers, etc. If the woman is in China, the real cost is getting to know her and that means being by her side and her by your side.

When I marry a Chinese Lady, I want to know her and for her to know me. I want to write (if I write here) abotu my love for her, and not pining about for the lady I did not marry...... I'm still trying to figure out that one (OK I will appologize for this comment in advance).

I think many here fall in love not with a women, but with a fantasy dream, a fantasy trip and the process. And when they are finally together and find they married a stranger, then .........

We ignore what people should be looking at and focus on the fantasy. But the more I get to know people here, the happiest ones are those who enjoyed the fantasy but lived in reality.......

I remember Don saying (I think it was Don) who spoke of spending time with his SO in China (more then one trip) but acting as he is and letting his wife know who she is marrying. Remember the fantasy trip is like a first date and past the sex, everyone is on their best behavior.

Someone smarter then me needs to bring some reality to this process.

We have discussions on the Forms and filing process, we have discussions on chinese culture and then silly stuff. but there are no discussions on getting to know your SO and for her to get to know you. Honesty in the relationship and knowing what is important to each person whether American or Chinese. Withour discussing the reality all we have is a dream.

So costs and affordabiltiy in my mind do seem to apply.

Well back to work........

This is just food for thought.