G325A for my K2

The instructions to the I-485 says that you must submit a completed form G-325A if you are between 14 and 79 years of age.

Even if the child is less than 14 years of age, it wouldn't hurt to submit it but if the child is nearing 14 years of age, it would be wise to submit it because it could take some time before the AOS appointment and if the child has turned 14 by the time of the appointment, the IO could request one, (also,biometrics could be requested by the IO.)

The checklist I have seems to imply it is not needed, but reading the I-485 seems to imply that it is???

TIA,

-James and Loving Candle

I wouldn't listen to any "implications" of a checklist when the I-485 instructions directly state (not imply) that "you must". I think that's a good rule of thumb.

The instructions to the I-485 says that you must submit a completed form G-325A if you are between 14 and 79 years of age.

Even if the child is less than 14 years of age, it wouldn't hurt to submit it but if the child is nearing 14 years of age, it would be wise to submit it because it could take some time before the AOS appointment and if the child has turned 14 by the time of the appointment, the IO could request one, (also,biometrics could be requested by the IO.)

Thanks Ty, that's how I read it also.

-James

Thanks Ty, that's how I read it also.

-James

For our son, who is 10, we did not supply a G-325A. If we had been close to the age limit I would have filed one just in case.

There was never a question and his biometrics consisted of a single fingerprint and photo at no charge.