A Short Story

A short story by my qizi. She is in some kind of contest. I thought this would be a good place to introduce her short story and get some votes. The voting button is the blue hyperlink at the top right. I'm not sure if it can be voted for on the story page or not. It appears that I have already voted on it as it says in Chinese characters at the very top center of the page. Maybe someone versed in Chinese would explain, thank you.

She doesn't know that I'm doing this. She emailed the story to me so I can vote on it. I babelfished it and figured out what her story was about. It's a cute story.

She has written several stories and posted them to the website in the link below.

I hope it's okay to post it. If not and needs to be removed, I'd understand. I'm not sure if this goes against CFL policy on solicitation.

If not, then I thank you all in advance for your vote. Please enjoy! :P

http://www6.chinesenewsnet.com/Article/ind...d=90&s=vote

Hello Tine,

I was getting a little worried that no one cared to comment on my wife's story since there weren't any replies after I posted it until now.

Thanks for the reply and I'm glad that you and Ella enjoyed the story! :P

My wife stays busy writing stories. I can't ever get her away from the computer! She tells me she is busy on another book. She is always asking me questions about this or that.

Yes, I bet there are a few of us that can relate to her story about Wal-Mart. I have never seen anyone to scrutinize a sales receipt like she does and she usually finds a discrepancy even if it is only a few cents. She will quickly point it out to the manager. I'm sure she has established a reputation there! But you know? She is well within her rights and most of all...she "is" right!!!...... :P

Thanks again,

Ty :o

Ty,

Ella is known well at Wal Mart as well. I thought Ella was the only one that that checked her receipts so close. But you are so right they should check. Hope to update everyone next week on Ella's Citizenship interview. We feel very lucky that since the "black hole" ended our visa process has gone well.

Tine

• 4 weeks later...

I was getting a little worried that no one cared to comment on my wife's story since there weren't any replies after I posted it until now.

Since she chose the road of Chinese literature, it's a lonely long road, ¹ÂÉí×ßÎÒ· gu shen zou wo lu. I admire and adore her perseverance and wish her success. I had dreamed to become a novelist when I was at high school and college, but I just took a shortcut simply because it's easier to find a job if one excels in English in China.

I like her story of Xu Shuang.

Since she chose the road of Chinese literature, it's a lonely long road, ¹ÂÉí×ßÎÒ· gu shen zou wo lu. I admire and adore her perseverance and wish her success. I had dreamed to become a novelist when I was at high school and college, but I just took a shortcut simply because it's easier to find a job if one excels in English in China.

I like her story of Xu Shuang.

My wife thanks you, Eunice. I showed her your post.

She really worked hard on that story.

Thanks again! :)