ACH

hankster

thx for the update dan.......

Did you ask them why it takes an extra lifetime to make a freaken overcome appt? ;) :headbang: :headbang:

I think Hank asked them on that one.

Did you ask them why it takes an extra lifetime to make a freaken overcome appt? :lol: :) :)

I did ask this at ACH. The VO stated that they were aware of this and now allowed overcome evidence to be mailed in. BUT..........it would take longer to process if mailed. He gave me an instruction sheet, but I''ve misplaced it for now. I'll find it later and scan it.

Basically, he said you can keep trying to get the appointment and maybe present the evidence in 2 or 3 months..........or.........mail in the overcome evidence and have it reviewed in 2 or 3 months B)

Did you ask them why it takes an extra lifetime to make a freaken overcome appt? :lol: :headbang: :headbang:

I did ask this at ACH. The VO stated that they were aware of this and now allowed overcome evidence to be mailed in. BUT..........it would take longer to process if mailed. He gave me an instruction sheet, but I''ve misplaced it for now. I'll find it later and scan it.

Basically, he said you can keep trying to get the appointment and maybe present the evidence in 2 or 3 months..........or.........mail in the overcome evidence and have it reviewed in 2 or 3 months :headbang:

Thanks for asking. I take it you can bang your head against the appointment wall for an indefinite time at an indefinite cost, so you can get an answer two days after you submit or mail in the documents and wait in the black hole for the don't call us, we'll call you answer.

I suppose if I were in that circumstance I might just do both and see which horse wins the race.

I suppose if I were in that circumstance I might just do both and see which horse wins the race.

Yep, I was prepared to do that myself. If we received a blue slip, I was going to mail overcome evidence directly from the US to GUZ myself. Of course my SO would be calling and trying to obtain an overcome appointment concurrently. But I personally would definitely do both.

Yep, I was prepared to do that myself. If we received a blue slip, I was going to mail overcome evidence directly from the US to GUZ myself. Of course my SO would be calling and trying to obtain an overcome appointment concurrently. But I personally would definitely do both.

All of this overcome business has me worried. Are blue slips common? Any percentages on blue slips vs pink? B) Is this a GUZ thing or is it common practice with consulates worldwide?

All of this overcome business has me worried. Are blue slips common? Any percentages on blue slips vs pink? B) Is this a GUZ thing or is it common practice with consulates worldwide?

The color of the slip changes - the "yes" or "no" does not. A couple years ago, red meant no, blue meant yes.

No consulate is a guaranteed pass.

I'm guessing close to 50% on average, but closer to 10-20% for CFL members, get blue slips. Someone else may have better figures.

For those with a good relationship, it should be 100% pass. Unfortunately, it may depend on the mood of the VO. That's why I suggest you go for an overall mood - a perky beneficiary, pictures, things placed on the counter where the VO can see them may have more effect than we realize. Even a 5 foot tall, 3 part, hinged backdrop (just kidding).

the CFL 2006 passing rate can be seen here... at Timeline Thread:

http://www.candleforlove.com/FAQ/Timelines/Gr...ats_By_Visa.htm

88.46% for K1 is good. Makes me feel a bit better. I guess the kitchen sink approach should help get us through this process. B)

All of this overcome business has me worried. Are blue slips common? Any percentages on blue slips vs pink? :P Is this a GUZ thing or is it common practice with consulates worldwide?

the CFL 2006 passing rate can be seen here... at Timeline Thread:

http://www.candleforlove.com/FAQ/Timelines/Gr...ats_By_Visa.htm