My wife won't let me throw it away!

hehehe, I dont really think this is a cultural differences~ it's more like the differences of personalities of individuals. For example, myself isn't a type of person who likes to keep the old/dirty stuff unless it is antique O.O well, unless it has a great value or meaning like a gift from someone who's important~

I'd rather to have all brand new, comfortable, advanced stuff at home and its the same with all my friends here in Shanghai~

Perhaps bring her to the store with you and let her pick the TV or whatever she likes or discuss with her first? I believe you two will find a mid-ground for that~ if she doesn't like the new one you purchased, is it possible to return it and grab another one she likes? ^o^

Just my 2 cents~

Yuki~

Edited by kenshin77 (see edit history)

After I made my first post I realized that even more correctly I could guess that what Ty had done wrong was to make an important purchase without letting it be a collective decision making process. He said "my TV set went out so I went and bought a new one."

If I had left it up to my wife, I would've ended up with a 13" Magnavox or something of the sorts and the arguement(s) would've been horrible.

I talked it over with her but........:)

This is indeed a case of "cultural differences" and "clash" wouldn't even come close to justifying the outfall had I engaged fully with her.

It's already caused enough trouble as it is. My stepdaughter and I hadn't spoke since I purchased it nearly a month ago!

I too think that she is just angry that you went out and bought the nice, new tv over her objections. I understand your reasoning to go and buy it anyway, but now you have to deal with the aftermath.

My new wife is not happy with my eBay addiction. Every day for four days straight packages have been arriving. I think I need to hide the items and then just let them appear somewhere. Maybe she will think I have had this item for a long time. : ) LOL It is hard to let a 32'' TV just appear, though. -_-

If I had left it up to my wife, I would've ended up with a 13" Magnavox or something of the sorts and the arguement(s) would've been horrible.

I talked it over with her but........:)

This is indeed a case of "cultural differences" and "clash" wouldn't even come close to justifying the outfall had I engaged fully with her.

It's already caused enough trouble as it is. My stepdaughter and I hadn't spoke since I purchased it nearly a month ago!

Edited by Juette (see edit history)

I talked it over with her but........:rolleyes:

Well, from what you have told us about the two you are dealing with this was probably a no-win situation and you may have done the only practical thing. But both of them are angry because you did not let them have a chance to make any mileage on their own personal agendas out of the need for a new TV. I guess you had to weigh the lack of a TV against the near-endless wrangling that would have been necessary to reach a consensus. Perhaps some of us could learn a lesson here. On third thought, Bravo for you.

how bout the hording of the boxes and bags....

publix plastic grocery bags

i think they will end up pushing us out the front door.

thats a quick way to get that mop swinging...go ahead and mention her bags in the closet... :unsure:

how bout the hording of the boxes and bags....

publix plastic grocery bags

i think they will end up pushing us out the front door.

thats a quick way to get that mop swinging...go ahead and mention her bags in the closet... :ph34r:

You hit the nail on the head with that post!!! Boxes and bags galore!

You don't have to tell me; I live it...........:Dah:

She kept the box the TV came in. It's a tremendously large box! We argued over it. She threw it in the shed where it isn't doing anything but taking up alot of space! As soon as I get the chance, I'm going to burn the damn thing!!!