Another DAW story

:blink:

I have been taking the my Boss(code word the SO ) out every day for driving lessons and generally she drives very well most of the time

so we go down to take the driving test and she just all of a sudden can not parallel park the Jeep Liberty - DUH :lol:

Now get this !

30 minutes earlier I have her out on the Main street in traffic and she parallel parks 8 time in a row :blink:

So of course she funked the test ,but I make another appointment for today and now she had a major melt down and could not even back the car up in a straight line !

Nix the idea of having that Driving test

and

Back to the drawing board on this one, she will get about 20 days more of driving and parallel parking experience behind her before she tries again

She just cannot get the orientation right on distance between the cars when she is parking .

OH well -it's still fun teaching her to drive

:blink:

I have been taking the my Boss(code word the SO ) out every day for driving lessons and generally she drives very well most of the time

so we go down to take the driving test and she just all of a sudden can not parallel park the Jeep Liberty - DUH :lol:

Now get this !

30 minutes earlier I have her out on the Main street in traffic and she parallel parks 8 time in a row :blink:

So of course she funked the test ,but I make another appointment for today and now she had a major melt down and could not even back the car up in a straight line !

Nix the idea of having that Driving test

and

Back to the drawing board on this one, she will get about 20 days more of driving and parallel parking experience behind her before she tries again

She just cannot get the orientation right on distance between the cars when she is parking .

OH well -it's still fun teaching her to drive

Parallel parking is tough. I am sure that you have reminded her of this.

Even for us who have driven for years have lapses where we find ourselves having to re-attempt our approach when trying to park correctly. I often have to remember to look in my left rear view mirror, line my left rear of my car with the front left fender of the car in back and stear towards it without cutting too sharp too soon. When I don't do this, I end up having to try again. And, this is parking my F150. It is simple when I just do what I know is correct.

Remind her to relax and breath. And, continue to assure her that it does not matter.

Good luck to both of you.

WoW! parallel parking is tough!, especially for someone who has never done it before in their life! It would be extremely hard for my wife. I guess that's one good reason for living in the rural areas; parallel parking wasn't on my wife's driving test and I'm glad it wasn't! I havn't done it many times myself!

It took my wife three tries to pass the test, no parallel parking included. Your wife will eventually get it. Just keep her spirits up.

-good luck

Parallel parking is easy. Just back up until you smell sh*t and then forward until the windshield cracks. Nothing to it.

Well she is hot to get back to trying to drive and wants me to take her out and practice her backing up techniques

If the conditions were right she could have already passed the test - she drives very well if she is not upset or nervous

I really have to look hard to find a place here in Gainesville where there is any need to parallel park .

Oh well ;)

Parallel parking is easy. Just back up until you smell sh*t and then forward until the windshield cracks. Nothing to it.

Well she is hot to get back to trying to drive and wants me to take her out and practice her backing up techniques

If the conditions were right she could have already passed the test - she drives very well if she is not upset or nervous

I really have to look hard to find a place here in Gainesville where there is any need to parallel park .

Oh well ;)

If you really want her to pass you would go out and buy her one of these!

http://www.lexus.com/models/LS/features/ex...mp;s_ocid=30019

or

teach her how to do this!

http://gprime.net/video.php/parallelparking

Edited by Blacksheep (see edit history)

Oh well ;)

If you really want her to pass you would go out and buy her one of these!

http://www.lexus.com/models/LS/features/ex...mp;s_ocid=30019

or

teach her how to do this!

http://gprime.net/video.php/parallelparking

Now that's funny!............. :lol: :roller: