Should I go to ACH

aclassic

My SO and I have been together for almost 2 years now. We met physically last April for the first and only time. I am getting the feeling that I need to make another trip so that it will look better when my SO goes for her interview. While there, I think it would be a good idea if I attend the ACH in Guangzhou. Since my SO does not have her interview date as yet, I am trying to decide if I should go before her interview or if it would be best to go during the week of her interview. Anyone have thoughts on this????????? :(

I would guess that somewhere around 50% of Candle members were in Guangzhou for the interview. Of that number, less than 5% made it to the ACH.

1 visit is necessary for filing the I-129F. More visits help prove the ongoing relationship. A trip during the interview can help even more, and a visit to the ACH has been reported to generate good comments in your file.

It is up to you and your personal situation as to whether you should be there for the interview or not. There are many of us who did not make it for one reason or another.

You may wish to save your vacation time for when she arrives, or you might decide to be there with her.

It won't hurt if you did go..I did and I remember adding information toa sign in sheet.it could hurt to E-mail Guangzhou a question or two once in a while.. I even went as far as to send them an E-mail thanking them for approving my SO's Visa... and Yes I got an answer saying ThankYou that they hope we enjoy our life together in the US...

I would guess that somewhere around 50% of Candle members were in Guangzhou for the interview. Of that number, less than 5% made it to the ACH.

1 visit is necessary for filing the I-129F. More visits help prove the ongoing relationship. A trip during the interview can help even more, and a visit to the ACH has been reported to generate good comments in your file.

It is up to you and your personal situation as to whether you should be there for the interview or not. There are many of us who did not make it for one reason or another.

You may wish to save your vacation time for when she arrives, or you might decide to be there with her.

Thanks! I guess I am trying to decide if it is more advantageous to go before my SO's interview vs during the week of her interview. :lol: :blink:

Thanks! I guess I am trying to decide if it is more advantageous to go before my SO's interview vs during the week of her interview. :Dah: :blink:

I made two trips, the second was for the interview, and I did attend ACH. This all led to fours questions only for Loving Candle, one of which was "is your boyfriend still here?". I do feel that going for the interview and ACH makes a very good impression.

Remember that confidence during the interview makes a BIG difference for your SO and being there for here will really boost her confidence.

-James and Loving Candle

Thanks! I guess I am trying to decide if it is more advantageous to go before my SO's interview vs during the week of her interview. :Dah: :blink:

I made two trips, the second was for the interview, and I did attend ACH. This all led to fours questions only for Loving Candle, one of which was "is your boyfriend still here?". I do feel that going for the interview and ACH makes a very good impression.

Remember that confidence during the interview makes a BIG difference for your SO and being there for here will really boost her confidence.

-James and Loving Candle

Yeap with what he said!!!

Bobby....

You guys are right! I spoke with my SO last night and she feels more comfortable with my going go GZ during the week of her interview. I can attend the ACH and we can review paperwork and questions which she may be asked. I feel so much better now. :D :D It's getting close and I just want to be with my lady again :Dah:

Thanks! I guess I am trying to decide if it is more advantageous to go before my SO's interview vs during the week of her interview. :whip: :nonono:

-James and Loving Candle

Yeap with what he said!!!

Bobby....