auto insurance

well my sweet princess officially got her first job yesterday.

it includes a cell phone, a laptop and a company vehicle.

im wondering now how my auto insurance will be effected by this...

from my understanding whoever drives this company car will be covered.

living in florida i understand if i have another person living with me they have to be filed under my insurance even if they dont drive.

if she doesnt drive should she still be listed on the policy?

how does this work?

Edited by izus (see edit history)

I lived in Florida for 14 years (8yrs in Longwood).

If your wife lives with you, whether she drive or not if she is over 16 she needs to be on your policy. Simple.

Depending on the company, you can list her but show she drives 0% or whatever % it is.

If you do not list her and G-d forbid she ever gets behind the wheel (like to learn to drive) and there is a reported accident then they may/will not pay.

Good Luck

I telephone the insurance agent to notify them my wife had obtained a learner's permit in the Fall of 2005. Several months later, in mid-2006, the agent sent a letter inquiring if my wife had a driver's license. I returned the letter, received an "updated" policy and, to the best of my recollection, did not pay any additional premium.

I telephone the insurance agent to notify them my wife had obtained a learner's permit in the Fall of 2005. Several months later, in mid-2006, the agent sent a letter inquiring if my wife had a driver's license. I returned the letter, received an "updated" policy and, to the best of my recollection, did not pay any additional premium.

Maybe it depends on each insurance company. Research before adding her name to the insurance.

Seems to depend on both the company AND the state you're in. Call a few different companies to see who gives you the best rate by adding her (good time to review your policy I'd think ....).

When we lived in MN, I kept my fiancee/wife OFF of my policy until she got her learner's permit, on the belief that there'd be no reason to add her until she had a learner's permit since she wouldn't be driving. Once I added her, I wished I had done so earlier - my rate actually went down slightly! (Married people are considered "safer" drivers ... go figure.) We used Progressive there.