Will US Consular Posts be closed 1/2/07?

SirLancelot

This from eBay. I wonder if the US Consulate will be closed in China on 1/2/07

Tuesday, January 2nd has been designated as a National Day of Observance in honor of Former President Gerald Ford, who passed away on December 26. All federal government agencies will be closed.

If you are engaged in an eBay transaction, please note that the United States Postal Service will have no regular mail delivery or retail service that day, and will resume normal services on Wednesday, January 3rd.

They were closed in the first place to celebrate New Years day on Jan 2. :huh:

Guess they get their holiday even if it falls on the weekend.

http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/holidays.html

That was Jan 2 2006, not 2007 look a little further down the page.

Monday - January 1, 2007 is our federal holiday Lee. It was always to be the New Years holiday for 2007. Tuesday - January 2, 2007 has been added as a holiday due to the death of former President Gerald R. Ford.

As aye,

Jim

Lets just hope they don't have interviews schedule for that day.

This is exactly why I brought this topic up for discussion. I'm wondering how are they going to resolve this if they're closed and there's 200 interviews (not just K-1/3) to be done for that day.

I don't see any mention of this on their website so I'm actually not so sure they're closing on 1/2/07.

This is exactly why I brought this topic up for discussion. I'm wondering how are they going to resolve this if they're closed and there's 200 interviews (not just K-1/3) to be done for that day.

I don't see any mention of this on their website so I'm actually not so sure they're closing on 1/2/07.

I am sure that being Federal employees they will just work harder for the rest of the week to remedy this lost day of production..................... :P

Edited by Rakkasan (see edit history)

I'm still not entirely convinced GUZ will be closed on 1/2/07.

This is all that's posted on GUZ's website. No updated info regarding 1/2/07 as of 1/1/07.

http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/the_consular_section_.html

Information for Travelers

The Consular Section of the U.S. Consulate General in Guangzhou, including the American Citizen Services Unit, will be closed on December 25th, December 29th, and January 1st for the holidays.

There will also be no petitioner hour for American citizen immigrant visa petitioners on December 29th.

For assistance with an emergency involving an American citizen during this closure, please contact the Consulate duty officer at (86-20) 8121-6077.