Dumb Question

Guest Jim & Ling

I remember Eric said A number printed on NOA2,but I didn't find it,my given numbers for I-130 are like WACxxxxx and GUZxxxx,numbers for I-129F are MSCxxxx and GUZxxxxxx..........is that becaue A number is only given to K1????.........unfortunately I am k3...:angry:

Guest Jim & Ling
My understanding was that she would be assigned an A number on arrival at the port of entry.  My wife's IR-1 has the A number in the upper right hand corner.

IR-1 ??? what's this ?? I had I-94 at entry port,there is a I-94 number.

My understanding was that she would be assigned an A number on arrival at the port of entry.  My wife's IR-1 has the A number in the upper right hand corner.

IR-1 ??? what's this ?? I had I-94 at entry port,there is a I-94 number.

IR-1 is a type of visa, like K1 or K3. I believe it is the designation of the visa type for couples who have been married for more than two years. I still don't know what the A number is however. :angry:

Guest Jim & Ling

IR-1 is a type of visa, like K1 or K3. I believe it is the designation of the visa type for couples who have been married for more than two years. I still don't know what the A number is however. :angry:

thanks now I know you are taking about CR1..:angry:.... .....no idea on A number either.. :angry:

Yes, Owen's wife has a CR-1. We have a K1. Now if someone can just direct me to that mysterious A Number. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Where is that Frenchman when you really need him? Probably took Yuhui to Dodge City for the weekend. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Eric know where is A number for K1,Owen know for CR1,anybody else know where it is for K3 ?

OK Kids. I saw Yuhui A number twice. Once on NOA2 under her name in the benef. box . Once on the AOS fee receipt.

Footnote: we went car shopping today ! Damn. I'm mentally exhausted with the haggling.. Spent 3 hrs at the dealership. Yuhui knows everything about leases now B) She argued too !

We're getting a SUV Ford Escape with everything but the toaster in it.. LOL

Great car. Great deal too ! ( no wonder after 3 #$%!#$ Hours ! )

Gawd, I hope she won't crash it !

:D :lol:

Yes, Owen's wife has a CR-1. We have a K1. Now if someone can just direct me to that mysterious A Number. B)  :D  :lol:

Where is that Frenchman when you really need him? Probably took Yuhui to Dodge City for the weekend. :o  ;)  :P

Nope. My wife has an IR-1 visa. The difference is how long you have been married. Less than two years is a CR-1. More than two years is an IR-1.

The CR-1 gives them the "temporary permanent resident" status. Hows that for bureaucratic language? They will still have to do the AOS to "permanent resident" after two years.

My wife's IR-1 gives her immediate unconditional permanent resident status.

It is convoluted how we ended up in that status, but it had to do with more bureaucratic thought process.

Looks like you need to dig out that receipt, Mick.