astonished story from 001

Guest yyjjw

Guest yyjjw

Hi, everyone, please read the following story, you may be astonished or ..........

Today after I leave my cell phone number in 001, I got a call from a girl who lives in ShenZhen. She related her story to me. She got a white slip in Dec,31,2002, she waited three months for visa, she was a bit unpatient. She knew Mrs. Harty 's email address in 001 one day, then, she wrote a letter to Mrs. Harty in her finance's name, and got a reply. She was told that they did not how to handle his case because they did not fill in address in their application. In fact, they haved filled in mail address. They were very upset, and went to Guangzhou Consulate to enquire what's wrong with their case. ( her finance works in China). In Guangzhou Consulate, they bumped into that nice American guy, after he heard the whole scensario of their case, he let them to get visa tomorrow. Yes, they did get visa finailly.

they dont make sense, things seem to get simple after a long journey.

:wacko:

Guest yyjjw
After hearing this girl's story, I get confused now, I am wondering what is so-called " name check" and " background clearance". We got slip at the same day, now I am  still awaiting my visa. Do I need my finance to come back China to Consulate?? or...........We are made fool of...

:wacko:  ;)  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

this is a girl's words from 001, I want to know how about GGs opinions

After hearing this girl's story, I get confused now, I am wondering what is so-called " name check" and " background clearance". We got slip at the same day, now I am  still awaiting my visa. Do I need my finance to come back China to Consulate?? or...........We are made fool of...

:angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  :angry:

this is a girl's words from 001, I want to know how about GGs opinions

Due to increased security concerns, all the benificiaries for immigration visas and K-1 visas are having a "security name check" run on them by the US government. Apparently this is primarily the responsibility of the FBI, which makes sense.

Unfortunately, there really is little that you or your fiance can do to speed that process up. It is extremely rare for anybody not to pass the check, so you don't need to worry about that, but it is sometimes slow.

Delays, otherwise known as a "hold" seem to be primarily caused by minor things like having the same name as someone who really is on their list. This causes delays because they then have to do a more extensive check to find out that you are not the person listed.

See the thread for "Who's still on hold?" for discussion that people are having about what can be done.