GZ K-1, two blue slips, any options?

Sorry for the confusion. When GZ talked to SO about company info, he said anything that demonstrates the company's services would be sufficient including an introduction CD. She acknowledged that she did have one at home. After she received the blue and the request for info, she went straight to the company to explain her situation. The company then combined their information along with our first meeting at the airport. GZ did not want a CD showing us communicating.

The passport copies were notarized and included my then current Chinese visa for the second trip. We were very careful to provide everything as requested.

The relationship description consisted of two things. First, detailed dates and descriptions of when we met, how we met, frequency of emails, and the emotional progression of the relationship ( approx. 5 pages). Second, photos showing various outings with family and friends. I detailed dates, location, events, (for example, her Mother's B-Day party), and names of people in the photo (approx. 30 pages).

My question is: Can I, at this point, do anything other than wait. I read in a previous GUZ post, for example, that the consulate responds to petitioners emails within two weeks. Is it fruitless to email GUZ stressing the importance this woman plays in my life? Or do I just sit back and wait?

Thanks for your input.

Gary

I already asked about the first slip.. it is his answer # 5

The various answers given have me a bit confused as to the details. I agree with your assessment completely anyway. The OP also mentions GUZ asking for a CD in an earlier post but does not mention a CD in answer 5. Answer 5 indicates he submitted relationship description with petition but does not indicate specifically what was submitted in response to the requests on the blue slip.

My focus now is on what caused the second blue slip. Was it a failure to comply with the requests? For instance, they asked for a notarized passport copy. The OP indicates "a copy" was submitted with the petition. That would not satisfy the request even if it was notarized because if submitted with the petition, it would not be current. There is also no indication it was notarized. You see where I'm going.

At this point I don't see any choice but to wait until GUZ does whatever they are going to do, without knowing what that is. The best that can be done now is to prepare for the next round to the extent possible.

If the resources are not a problem you may want to consider going to GZ and attending an American Citizen's Hour (ACH) to discuss your case. The Friday ACH's are for family based visas (includes K1). The ACH schedule will vary due to Consulate closure for holidays; the closures are usually posted on the Consulate website.

Making this trip would do at least four things ...

1. Demonstrate commitment

2. Possibly generate some useful information in the ACH discussion (I've seen it go both ways observing ACH discussions while waiting for my own, which was helpful)

3. Allow you to have an exploratory meeting or two with local lawyers who might help if the Consulate looks like they intend to send your petition back to the US. (SmilingAsia may be able to point you here)

4. Get you some bonus time with Xiaorong!

In any case .... good luck! hang in there! don't give up!

I read in a previous GUZ post, for example, that the consulate responds to petitioners emails within two weeks. Is it fruitless to email GUZ stressing the importance this woman plays in my life? Or do I just sit back and wait?

While it probably won't hurt for you to email/fax GUZ and try to plead your case, it's improbable an email telling them how important this woman plays in your life will do much good. If this were to actually work, every petitioner would be inundating GUZ with emails along that line.

There is something you can do. As jim_julian stated in his post, a personal visit to GUZ may be helpful in your case. I won't recount what Jim has posted. I agree with his 4 points.

Best wishes.

Thanks for your reply,

I'm aware of ACH. However, my understanding is that they do not discuss the specifics of a case. Only general questions. I intend to go back in early 2007, although not at holidays, so we can utilize this time to try and make a dent at the consulate. I love her so much it hurts. How do I get a line on GZ lawyers? I know there are US lawyers with affiliates in GZ.

Thanks again,

Gary

If the resources are not a problem you may want to consider going to GZ and attending an American Citizen's Hour (ACH) to discuss your case. The Friday ACH's are for family based visas (includes K1). The ACH schedule will vary due to Consulate closure for holidays; the closures are usually posted on the Consulate website.

Making this trip would do at least four things ...

1. Demonstrate commitment

2. Possibly generate some useful information in the ACH discussion (I've seen it go both ways observing ACH discussions while waiting for my own, which was helpful)

3. Allow you to have an exploratory meeting or two with local lawyers who might help if the Consulate looks like they intend to send your petition back to the US. (SmilingAsia may be able to point you here)

4. Get you some bonus time with Xiaorong!

In any case .... good luck! hang in there! don't give up!

. My questions are: (1) Do we have any options other than waiting until the next consulate contact hopefully, within three months? (2) Does it have any impact to email the GZ consulate with regards to this case? (3) What the hell should I do now?

Thanks all,

Gary ~ Ohio

Xiaorong ~ Guangzhou

Well, as one that has received several blue slips, I can tell you. WAIT. Short of stalking the VO there is nothing you can do. Any other Government agency will bow to them. Everyone will tell you what you want to hear, but there is nothing anyone can do for you at this point. You can go to the Guz website and email using the form email. Ask them questions and get generic answers. Depending on what person looks at the email, you may or may not get a reasonable answer. Follow their directions, and wait. Sorry I can not give you better information but that is my experience.

Don't expect it to be within 3 months either. mine took 9 months. And still on hold with the 3rd blue slip.

Maybe someone else has had better experiences but that is mine.

Good luck.

Edited by rlheim (see edit history)