Hey, guys, I've noticed that some members on CFL have posted some problems about blue slips, I am curious, does it mean that when a person gets a blue slip, he/she will have to submit more documents to overcome the blue slips or does it mean that sometimes they have to go to a second interview?

However, best of luck to all those who had a bad luck at the first interview!!

GOD BLESS YOU ALL!

FREEASABIRD

There is no such thing as a second interview; another face to face with a VO to do Q&A. I'm sure at the consulate's discretion they could request this, but it's not SOP (standard operating procedure).

An interview which results in the non-issuing of a visa is:

1) Denial for request for documentation, called "overcome" evidence. Usually this is done by appointment to submit the papers but in some cases the consulate will accept an expired document by mail or fax.

2) Denial with return of the case to DHS, called "recommendation for revocation". Often this is because they don't think there is a bona-fide relationship due to conflicting documentation/evidence or due to "third party correspondence".

Denials can occur for many different reasons, a few might include, in order from small issue to bigger issue (IMO):

- documentation problem / expired / conflicting

- financial problem (don't satisify the VO about public charge issue)

- relationship communication

- communist party issues

- relationship doubted / third party

Usually the first three above result in overcome; CPC has a mixed result of getting more info from the beneficiary and going back to Washington DC for SAO review; Relationship doubts usually result in going back to DHS.

[This is more my opinion and observation.. not stating this as fact...]

David if this is a flow of the past then it sure doesn't look good for Yanlan and I. -relationship doubted / third party. 8 months for nothing then.

David if this is a flow of the past then it sure doesn't look good for Yanlan and I. -relationship doubted / third party. 8 months for nothing then.

I think logic dictates the order to a certain degree. Of the three main issues (documentation, finances, and relationship) the first two should rarely be a big issue; the last item will usually the source of issues.. IMO.

.. but every case is unique. If it did not get revocated on the first interview, then they will accept overcome and have given a benefit of the doubt.. perseverence is needed...