Overcoming first blue slip

Hi Everyone! My wife got the blue slip on her first interview because her police certificate from England expired (not for any other reason). I received last week her updated one from England. I have communicated with the US Consulate General Immigrant Visa Unit the last couple days by e-mail and they tell me my wife does not need to attend the 2nd interview (January 9th). Instead she can send in the updated police certificate instead.

Has anyone here been told by the Immigrant Visa Unit to send in their document to overcome the first blue slip? I don't mind sending it but I am just afraid it might get lost or not reach who it is intended to. Is this process faster?

Thanks!

Hi Everyone! My wife got the blue slip on her first interview because her police certificate from England expired (not for any other reason). I received last week her updated one from England. I have communicated with the US Consulate General Immigrant Visa Unit the last couple days by e-mail and they tell me my wife does not need to attend the 2nd interview (January 9th). Instead she can send in the updated police certificate instead.

Has anyone here been told by the Immigrant Visa Unit to send in their document to overcome the first blue slip? I don't mind sending it but I am just afraid it might get lost or not reach who it is intended to. Is this process faster?

Thanks!

I would say go there, it would make since(in my mind), the faster your overcome package arrives at GZ the faster it will get logged into the system and the looked at, just my thought.

Edited by hakkamike (see edit history)

I mailed my quitting communist certificate from my school to consulate. Yes mailing to consualte is slower than submit it in person, but it saved a lot money, espcially for me living far away from guangzhou. I mailed by EMS, even though it arrived in consulate in 2 days, but consulate took 15 days to confirm me they got my documentation and register it to the PC system. then told me they are doing administrative processing. If your wife submit certication in person, she will get red slip in the afternoon on the other day. but again she still need wait another 2 days to really get visa.

good luck!

I mailed my quitting communist certificate from my school to consulate. Yes mailing to consualte is slower than submit it in person, but it saved a lot money, espcially for me living far away from guangzhou. I mailed by EMS, even though it arrived in consulate in 2 days, but consulate took 15 days to confirm me they got my documentation and register it to the PC system. then told me they are doing administrative processing. If your wife submit certication in person, she will get red slip in the afternoon on the other day. but again she still need wait another 2 days to really get visa.

good luck!

In your case, it would seem the outcome of the visa being issued is not in doubt. Now it's down to logistics. Unless she lives in Guangdong province, she's going to have to travel to Guangzhou to present her passport and wait two days for her passport with visa affixed to be returned, even if you fax or mail the documents.

There is no second interview. It is simply an appointment to hand over the papers. If she hands them over in person, she'll be in Guangzhou 4 to 6 days, depending on whether a weekend is involved but (based on an assumed positive outcome) you can reliably predict the date of visa in hand.

If she mails or faxes the papers, you can count on the process taking a couple extra weeks while you wait patiently for the Consulate to contact her at their leisure. Then, at best, she'll travel to Guangzhou to present her passport and wait two days for its delivery. Since she's not a USC, she may need an appointment letter to do this. Somebody else can clear that up. She'll stay in Guangzhou at least three nights to do this.

So, I see your decision criteria as being between a couple extra nights in Guangzhou on a known schedule against waiting potentially 3 extra weeks for the visa. If the cost of two or three days food and lodging is critical to your budget then by all means, fax or mail the documents. If you do, then do so immediately. You don't need an appointment to send a fax or mail some documents.

Edited by Duke (see edit history)