China Southern Airline

Hello all,

My fiancee booked China Southern Airline for this Friday. I have not traveled on this airline internationally, thus have no idea how good/bad their service is. If anyone has flown this airline from China to U.S, would you please help me answer the following questions:

1) How many lugages are allowed on board?

2) What is the total weight of lugages?

My fiancee just spoke with two of her Chinese friends who recently arrived here in U.S, and they both told her that she could only bring two lugages, one carry-on (about 17 pounds max) and a big one. One of them had to throw away some of her belongings before they let her board the plane. They also said that the service was horrible from the moment they checked in and off the plane. This causes some concern for my fiancee even though she'll be flying on a 777. From what I have heard, China Southern has the most modern airplanes of all the China airlines. I greatly appreciate your info regarding this matter.

Hi Calvin:

Li and I flew China Southern out of Guangzhou and it was a mixed bag. The plane was packed to the rafters. Not one empty seat. Second, it was full of babies who had been adopted by American parents. It was like a flying nursery all the way. Seats close together, cramped, and the plane was hot as hell. Just couldn't get comfortabl all the way. Food was decent though and they did give a choice between fish and beef.

Technically, each passenger may have a carry-on and two checked bags at thirty kilos each. At the time of our flight, March 28, they were allowing 32 kilos per checked bag but I don't know if this applies. All in all the service was ok but the plane was really crowded, noisy, hot, and uncomfortable. I doubt I would choose to fly this airline again. :blink:

I see no one enjoyed there flight, try China Eastern, it is an MD11, seating is decent 2 -4-2 and the flight was not over crowded, all the attendents were nice, this is my choice next time, it flys out of Shanghai or Bejing to L.A. and the food is good, plus free beer. not $5.00 a can like our airlines :lol:

Guest Long_strider

I have flown on China Southern out of GZ three times last year to LAX. Yes, it is crowed on most flights. The service has been average compared to other carriers, like Air Canada, out of HK to Vancouver, Canada. Food was ok with a choice of either American or Chinese. But have you ever found good airline food?

Not too many babies on my flights. so the noise was low. Most people slept during a large part of the 14 plus hour flights.