Calling for a status

I just tried to call USCIS for a status on my case. I called 1 800 375-5283..... I go through all of the prompts and get to a place where it asks for my 10 digit receipt number. I keep entering the numbers, but I always get back a msg. saying that enough numbers were not entered. I'm entering 10 digits. I have doubled-cecked myself and this keeps happening. Has anyone experienced this? This is very frustrating.

Also when I checked the status of cases be processed, the dates for the the I-130 went back a full year, from April 2006 back to March 2005... this is a totally frustrating process.

Any thoughts or suggestions on this ? Is there another number to call for help?

Edited by NewDay2006 (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

Did you enter the first 3 letters? You have to enter them before the 10 digits.

I didn't, I will try that... the msg implied it only wanted number(10) Thx.

I don't recall the exact sequence of numbers you need to press to get a human, but if memory serves me, and it doesn't well these days, I don't believe it necessary to enter those receipt numbers. Seems like after the machine answered you press:

1, 4, 0, or something like that. At which point your call is placed in que for a human.

Did you enter the first 3 letters? You have to enter them before the 10 digits.

I didn't, I will try that... the msg implied it only wanted number(10) Thx.

Tried that... it worked.. thanks. Still no information just the same

Let me correct myself. I did enter the WAS plus 10 digits this time... I got a msg saying they received the petiton and told me of the NOA1(almost 4 months ago), but no addition processing information was available at this time.

The automated phone, and live operator at USCIS will just quote what you can see on line.

Go to USCIS site and setup email notification.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis

Lower right corner of page.

Guest ShaQuaNew

I have already for sometime, I'm just getting very "stir crazy" waiting and waiting,.... and waiting

Keep an eye on the current processing times for your particular application type at the USCIS website. If your petition has taken 30-days or more beyond that published time, you can request a status investigation through the USCIS operator. Until that time there is really nothing more you can do.

I have already for sometime, I'm just getting very "stir crazy" waiting and waiting,.... and waiting

Keep an eye on the current processing times for your particular application type at the USCIS website. If your petition has taken 30-days or more beyond that published time, you can request a status investigation through the USCIS operator. Until that time there is really nothing more you can do.

That's part of the problem why I started to call. The website at USCIS last update until yesterday or the daybefore was not updated since Novemeber 17, 2006 and the I-130 processing date for CSC was I beleive March or April 2006... now it say it it processing MArch 2005 :D .... I'm hoping this is simply a typo, either way the date is going backwards... I doesn't make sense that the processing would go backwards by one year or even one month for that matter.