Completely Useless?

So, I have now sent three consecutive messages to the GZ consulate via that web page "email" form that they force you to use to ask questions of them. Has anyone else on this board used it?

I swear that they don't even bother to read the body of the message that one sends to them. Three times I've asked the same simple procedural question and three times I've received a response that is completely non sequitur! I've now wasted over 10 days and can't get the answer to a simple question.

It sure makes one wonder if they're not more than a bunch of uncaring technocrats who only go through the motions. . .

Thanks for the vent.

Dan K.

What is the question? Where are you in the visa process?

I have found them to be extremely helpful - once with a question about our P3 (my wife needed to submit a new form), and again when scheduling a K-2 interview for her son.

Since then, they have changed their policy to only address P4/interview questions, although they have made some exceptions.

I've also had very little luck with the email people. Back in June (6 months after applying for K1) I sent a request for an update. I was promptly told that they didn't have the case at all. A call to the DOS visa office verified that they did indeed have it at Guangzhou. I figured there was no sense in arguing.

Now, in early December, months after her approval on Sep 13th and RE-fingerprinting on Sep 27th. I have tried to use the Email system again. I write them again for an update and this is what I get:

"The case is under administrative processing. We will not accept

additional documents while the case is under administrative processing.

When we need you to return to the Consulate, or if we need more

documents, we will notify you."

I have no idea how to get a straight answer from anyone at this point.

Hello, Dan, don't let disappointment take you down.

Please note:

PLEASE DO NOT FOLLOW UP BEFORE THEN, AS REPEATED EMAILS RE-SET YOUR INQUIRY DATE AND CREATE A DELAY IN THE RESPONSE TIME ON YOUR CASE.

If you have not had an email response from us after 7 business days have passed,

please go to our website

(http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/iv/email.html)

and resubmit your

request. GuangzhouIV no longer receives incoming email.

Try again, and let us know what you find out.

I tried this before, and they replied.

FREEASABIRD

Hello, Dan, don't let disappointment take you down.

Please note:

PLEASE DO NOT FOLLOW UP BEFORE THEN, AS REPEATED EMAILS RE-SET YOUR INQUIRY DATE AND CREATE A DELAY IN THE RESPONSE TIME ON YOUR CASE.

If you have not had an email response from us after 7 business days have passed,

please go to our website

(http://www.usembassy-china.org.cn/guangzhou/iv/email.html)

and resubmit your

request. GuangzhouIV no longer receives incoming email.

Try again, and let us know what you find out.

I tried this before, and they replied.

FREEASABIRD

Well, I followed the "rules" exactly and did not resubmit my query until after I'd received a response from them. That adds to the frustration because it takes them a few days to respond.

And I am not asking a question that is specific to my wife's case, I am asking a question about a form. I've already asked the same question of the members of this board but wasn't satisfied that there was enough of a consensus to allow our immigration process to rely upon it. That is whay I tried to ask the GZ consulate directly.

What is so frustrating is that I am basically asking them, in a very straightforward manner a question like "What color is the sky?" and the replies they send me are like "Henry Ford is widely known as the man who perfected the assembly line process in the automobile manufacturing industry. . .Thank you for your inquiry! "

Aaarghhh!

Dan K.