Hello all!!

I have been filling out my I-864 papers for my CR1

I'll tell you what, My head hearts, But that's alright.

I have a few questions and i need help!

I'm using the I-864EZ form, In part 2, line 6.

It asks for Alien Registration Number ( if any )

Now the other day i received my K3 NOA2 ( I-129F APPROVAL )

In the box Where it has my wifes name is The A#

Now i know this is her Alien Registration Number.

My question is, Can i put this number in the I-864EZ where it asks for the A number.

Remember this is for my CR1.

My second question is about the letter of employment.

I have seen some where but i forget where that you need a letter from your employer.

In the Instructions booklet that i reveived it says this, ( You are not required to submit this evidence, However, unless specifically instructed to do so by a Government official )

Is this letter needed or should i not include it with the I-864 packet?

Any help or advise would be very helpful.

Hello all!!

I have been filling out my I-864 papers for my CR1

I'll tell you what, My head hearts, But that's alright.

I have a few questions and i need help!

I'm using the I-864EZ form, In part 2, line 6.

It asks for Alien Registration Number ( if any )

Now the other day i received my K3 NOA2 ( I-129F APPROVAL )

In the box Where it has my wifes name is The A#

Now i know this is her Alien Registration Number.

My question is, Can i put this number in the I-864EZ where it asks for the A number.

Remember this is for my CR1.

My second question is about the letter of employment.

I have seen some where but i forget where that you need a letter from your employer.

In the Instructions booklet that i reveived it says this, ( You are not required to submit this evidence, However, unless specifically instructed to do so by a Government official )

Is this letter needed or should i not include it with the I-864 packet?

Any help or advise would be very helpful.

This is a good question. I'm certain that the alien only gets one A-#.. but let's hear from a dual filer.. (CR1/K3).

If you were filing CR1 only, I don't think you would get it as part of the process. So the question stands: To us the K3 assigned one or not [for CR1].

Employer letter:

I think CR1 cases are not as likely or necessary to submit one as K#, who tend to be more important since the don't know what financial evidence (I-134 vs taxes vs empoyer letter) will be asked for till the interview; in CR1s case, you know the I-864 is required...

but once again.. let's hear from CR1s... these are good questions for the FAQ...

K-1 here - but I think that you have an A # associated with your paperwork already, and the more you propagate it by using everywhere you can, it will help keep your paperwork together. We saw somebody end up with 3 different A#'s. This is not good, IMO.

For the I-834EZ it says

You may include evidence supporting your claim about your expected income for the current year if you believe that submitting this evidence will help you establish ability to maintain sufficient income. You are not required to submit this evidence, however, unless specifically instructed to do so by a Government official. For example, you may include a recent letter from your employer, showing your employer's address and telephone number, and indicating your annual salary. You may also provide pay stub(s) showing your income for the previous six months. If your claimed income includes alimony, child support, dividend or interest income,or income from any other source, you may also include evidence of that income.

That is, it is optional for the form - your taxes and pay stubs should be enough - but, like, David says, have them ready in your kitchen sink for the interview.

K-1 here - but I think that you have an A # associated with your paperwork already, and the more you propagate it by using everywhere you can, it will help keep your paperwork together. We saw somebody end up with 3 different A#'s. This is not good, IMO.

For the I-834EZ it says

You may include evidence supporting your claim about your expected income for the current year if you believe that submitting this evidence will help you establish ability to maintain sufficient income. You are not required to submit this evidence, however, unless specifically instructed to do so by a Government official. For example, you may include a recent letter from your employer, showing your employer's address and telephone number, and indicating your annual salary. You may also provide pay stub(s) showing your income for the previous six months. If your claimed income includes alimony, child support, dividend or interest income,or income from any other source, you may also include evidence of that income.

That is, it is optional for the form - your taxes and pay stubs should be enough - but, like, David says, have them ready in your kitchen sink for the interview.

Yes you have the same quote that i have!

If you read it very closly and read it about 10 times or more, Like i said i have one hell of a head ache now for i have been dealing with this all day.

But the way i read it, It sounds like all you need is the I-864 and the normal documents

that go along with it.

Also if you read more though the instructions it says, If you are sending TAX TRANSSCRIPS

you do not need to send your W-2.

As for the A# I'm not sure if the K3 A# will apply to the CR1 I-864????

I do not plane on sending in the packet until next week, So i think i will just see what everyone says here on CFL.

Thank again everyone!!!

Hey, you little monkey - what do you know anyway? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I do not mean to sound stupid, but it is easy for some of us. What is a CR-1???

CR1 is the immigration petition for spouse filed using the I-130 form.

I do not mean to sound stupid, but it is easy for some of us. What is a CR-1???

CR1 is the immigration petition for spouse filed using the I-130 form.

Bob, Bob, Bob......you been out in the Texas sun way too long.

I-130 is the petition filed for a spouse (and other relatives). When the petition is approved and GUZ issues a visa, the visa for a spouse will either be a CR-1 or IR-1.

CR-1 = Conditional Resident (two year green card)

IR-1 = Immigrant Resident (ten year green card)

Yeah, what Don said.