A Trip to The Civil Surgeon

We went to the Civil Surgeon today. Jingyu had had no vaccinations in China, so we had to pay for them all.

They said to just come on down - they were open until 4. I brought a copy of the I-693 Vaccination Supplement (this is on the new USCIS web site now). The receptionist said, "Is that ALL you need?" Yes it was, thank you.

Came to $150 total. Yes I know the shots are cheaper elsewhere.

We went to the Civil Surgeon today. Jingyu had had no vaccinations in China, so we had to pay for them all.

They said to just come on down - they were open until 4. I brought a copy of the I-693 Vaccination Supplement (this is on the new USCIS web site now). The receptionist said, "Is that ALL you need?" Yes it was, thank you.

We did the same for the SO...and had piece of mind KNOWING that there won't be any questions of it.

long ago, hehe, when we had to get jacob's vacc supp, we called the civil surgeon's office to find out all the info about it...they suggested we go to the health center in our city and get the shots there, we paid $10 for jacob's shots and then just brought the vacc paper to the civil surgeon's office and he certified it all and gave us our sealed envelope....he didn't even charge us a dime!! i am not understanding why i do not see other couples doing this in their cities? i am sure everyone has a "public health unit" type place, where people go that have no insurance to get, most children's, shots for schools and stuff like that...anyway, it is open to the public, insurance or not, but it is just that if you have insurance, most of the time these shots are covered and you only have to pay the co-pay, or something like that....but when you get these shots for adults, they are not always covered since they are shots we Americans usually get as children....

anyway, i'm rambling now, but i am just wondering if people don't know about this, or just choose to pay $150 or more to get the shots...when they are possibly available for cheaper!?!?!?

any thoughts or answers about this from anyone??

our total cost for that part was $10!!!!

kim

long ago, hehe, when we had to get jacob's vacc supp, we called the civil surgeon's office to find out all the info about it...they suggested we go to the health center in our city and get the shots there, we paid $10 for jacob's shots and then just brought the vacc paper to the civil surgeon's office and he certified it all and gave us our sealed envelope....he didn't even charge us a dime!! i am not understanding why i do not see other couples doing this in their cities? i am sure everyone has a "public health unit" type place, where people go that have no insurance to get, most children's, shots for schools and stuff like that...anyway, it is open to the public, insurance or not, but it is just that if you have insurance, most of the time these shots are covered and you only have to pay the co-pay, or something like that....but when you get these shots for adults, they are not always covered since they are shots we Americans usually get as children....

anyway, i'm rambling now, but i am just wondering if people don't know about this, or just choose to pay $150 or more to get the shots...when they are possibly available for cheaper!?!?!?

any thoughts or answers about this from anyone??

our total cost for that part was $10!!!!

kim

In Texas you can get these shots FREE for anyone but pssst, keep it a secret so nobody will hear. We have enough people coming here for these.

We do have them here and you have to wait 2-3 hours due to the all of the people (illegal aliens, Katrina evacuees, low income) that also come for the same reason that you stated ¨C no insurance or low income.

¡°Children who qualify may also receive free vaccines that bring them up-to-date with the recommended immunization schedule. No reservations are necessary.¡± - Houston Children's Vaccination Alliance Announced

Oh! Excuse me while I go pay my taxes!

My SO, now wife, had her vaccination done in China (we have the yellow book), does anyone have any experiences dealing with Civil Surgeons in this situation? How can we get the Civil Surgeon to complete the Vacc. Supplemental form without getting shots again.

Thanks!

My SO, now wife, had her vaccination done in China (we have the yellow book), does anyone have any experiences dealing with Civil Surgeons in this situation? How can we get the Civil Surgeon to complete the Vacc. Supplemental form without getting shots again.

Thanks!

Yes - believe it or not, I do. My wife had her shots in China - just bring the yellow book with you to the civil surgeon, We paid only $10. But some may try to get you to take an entire physical - not necessary. Ask for the I-693 Supplement only!

In the great state of Florida....home of the Next National College Football Champions :D

Paid $10.00 co-pay to family doctor for vac shots and official shot record + $15.00 Civil Surgeon Fee to transfer shot record to proper USCIS form = $25.00 :D

Thanks!

The CS looked at our yellow book for a bit and then exclaimed he could not read chinese.. so I pointed out the english abbreviations for the shot name...

In Minnesota, even the Department of Health charges $50 to transcribe the information from the yellow book to the vacc. supplemental form AND they only do it once a week for 2 hours. Not very convenient.

Settled on a CS who can do it on Saturday for $75, basically to transcribe the information and listen to her heart and lungs. Other CS wanted anywhere between $110 to $260 for a physical that we don't need. Not falling for it :rolleyes:

In the great state of Florida....home of the Next National College Football Champions :D

Paid $10.00 co-pay to family doctor for vac shots and official shot record + $15.00 Civil Surgeon Fee to transfer shot record to proper USCIS form = $25.00 :D