Another police certificate question : )

My SO has obtained a police certificate from her hometown in Jilin, but she has also lived in Beijing for several years. Does she need a police certificate from Beijing as well?

I asked her to try to get one in Beijing and the authorities there told her she only needed one from her hometown, but I guess I'm hung up on the language that says visa recipients need police certificates from every locality they have resided in for six months or more.

Thanks in advance for all answers.

Juette

My SO has obtained a police certificate from her hometown in Jilin, but she has also lived in Beijing for several years. Does she need a police certificate from Beijing as well?

I asked her to try to get one in Beijing and the authorities there told her she only needed one from her hometown, but I guess I'm hung up on the language that says visa recipients need police certificates from every locality they have resided in for six months or more.

Thanks in advance for all answers.

Juette

Juette, you should be fine. The Chinese database is national. That's why the National ID. One location is as good as another location. It will be accetpable to GUZ.

How long ago did she get the certificate? If less than a year old at the time of interview then it should be good, if it needs to be replaced the it may be more convenient to get it in Beijing at the nearest PSB

9 FAM 42.65 N4.1 From Country of Current

Residence or Country of Nationality

(TL:VISA-185; 02-26-1999)

An applicant must present a police certificate, if obtainable, from his or her

country of current residence or nationality, if residence in such country

exceeds six months

http://foia.state.gov/masterdocs/09FAM/0942065N.PDF

From GUZ FAQ:

Notarial police certificates are required from each visa applicant aged 16 or over issued by his/her local municipal notary office where he/she has resided for at least six months since attaining the age of sixteen. Police certificates are also required from all other countries where the applicant has resided for at least one year.
http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/kvfaq.html

Resided means in her case Beijing.