Police certificates

Hello everyone!!

Have a quick question about police certificates.

I know my K3 should be arriving at NVC any day now!

My wife has asked me if she should start getting her police certificates together now?

I told her i was not sure if now was a good time or not.

We have everything else we need but the police certificates!!

Is now a good time to take care of this???

You need to hold off until after P-3 is returned, but most wait until they receive P-4 because of the limited life of the Police certificate.

Yes, I was just on the phone with my wife and she said that they are only good for six months!

But is this something that is need for the p3? or is this something we take to the interview?

You need to hold off until after P-3 is returned, but most wait until they receive P-4 because of the limited life of the Police certificate.

Yes, I was just on the phone with my wife and she said that they are only good for six months!

But is this something that is need for the p3? or is this something we take to the interview?

Bring it during the interview process. She will turn it in at the medical clinic along with other requested P4 documents. The medical staff will place all of the P4 documents with the exam record. She will turn this packet into the consulate the morning of the interview.

Bring it during the interview process. She will turn it in at the medical clinic along with other requested P4 documents. The medical staff will place all of the P4 documents with the exam record. She will turn this packet into the consulate the morning of the interview.

Thanks a lot everyone, I understand now, I will tell the wife to hold off for a little while.

Thanks again!! Everyone here on CFL has been a GREAT! help!

I was just on the phone with my wife and she said that they are only good for six months!

Those that expire are good for one year (police certificate); those that don't expire are.. uh.. good forever (birth certificate).

I was under the impression that they were good for 1 year. My wife got hers when we got married in hopes it will save another trip to her home town to get one. So as long as we get our interview with in that period she wont have to travel back to get it. If its convenient for your wife to get hers then I would wait.

I was under the impression that they were good for 1 year. My wife got hers when we got married in hopes it will save another trip to her home town to get one. So as long as we get our interview with in that period she wont have to travel back to get it. If its convenient for your wife to get hers then I would wait.

If it takes that long and you do need another certificate, you only need to get one from the local office if she has lived in that location 6 months or more, no need to make a trip back to home town. In China the certificate is a national one obtainable at the nearest Public Security Bureau (PSB) to where a person is living.
Guest ShaQuaNew

The certificates are good for one year. We ended up having to get a second one because the first one expired after one year...