'Affairs,' 'Hero' Dominate HK Film

Especailly now, with Brian's help with the cultural things in the movies, it's a great fun and another great way to know the new land better.

Yeah, I agree...The latest thing I have learned from the movie is the "knock, knock" joke, from the movie "Catch me if you can". My guy took a long time to let me understand what it is and why Tom call it a " joke" in the movie while it's not funny at all...:blink: :unsure: ;)

It's interesting to learn all those cultural things from movie.

My girl doesn't like historical action flick with blood.  She likes movies that takes place in this era (current time).  Actually, she prefers American movies.

hi Tony,

Yan and I may have the similar taste on movies. I prefer watching a movie that is closer to our life and has a happy ending, and I prefer American movies too. Especailly now, with Brian's help with the cultural things in the movies, it's a great fun and another great way to know the new land better. When we talk about movies, what Brian says very often is "that's the movie I'd like you to watch". So far, we've got a collection including old movies like, Sleepless in Seatle, and new movies, like Chicago etc

Q&Q

Hi Q&Q,

Glad to hear from you. My fiancee likes modern film because she likes to look at the clothes the female stars are wearing. She loves fashion. She recently saw Sweet Home Alabama and she said she likes the movie. She wants to bring some of her American DVDs here because they have Chinese subtitles. She said she can learn English by watching the movies.

I love American romanic comedy movies and comedy movies from HK.

I just watched Internal Affairs and it is a good movie. The movie is about a conflict between an undercover cop (who is investigated a triad) and a mole in the police force who worked for the triad. Some actions but great acting. No wonder it won the Best Movie.

Aloha from Hawaii,

Hero was a good movie but not outstanding. It was a propaganda movie for the

Communist government. The theme is simply the best thing to do is to not

fight the central government for the good of all of the people. Peace and

tranquility is made possible by not fighting the government.

Myles aka Annakuen'GG