What next after I-601 granted?

I have not been on this forum for almost 9 months. I ran into a snag last January and was led to believe we would never be together.

I researched, found the regulations, dodged every high dollar route involving attorneys by doing myself, and... succeeded in clearing the path thru the I-601 waiver process that was just granted according to a letter she received dated Nov 22, 2006

My question now is what should I expect? I have 2 senators offices involved from 2 different states (I moved during the process of this).

I believe she should be contacted directly by the consulate itself to send them her passport? Is this accurate? Does anyone know?

I requested senators offices to contact Guangzhou and find out next step.

My personal feeling is by Christmas she will have the Visa.

Any feedback regarding this is appreciated.

Drew

Guest ShaQuaNew

I have not been on this forum for almost 9 months. I ran into a snag last January and was led to believe we would never be together.

I researched, found the regulations, dodged every high dollar route involving attorneys by doing myself, and... succeeded in clearing the path thru the I-601 waiver process that was just granted according to a letter she received dated Nov 22, 2006

My question now is what should I expect? I have 2 senators offices involved from 2 different states (I moved during the process of this).

I believe she should be contacted directly by the consulate itself to send them her passport? Is this accurate? Does anyone know?

I requested senators offices to contact Guangzhou and find out next step.

My personal feeling is by Christmas she will have the Visa.

Any feedback regarding this is appreciated.

Drew

Drew, congratulations on receiving an approval for your I-601. May I inquire as to the reason for having to file it? Did you receive a denial for a marriage based visa with a request for an I-601 or? Naturally, before things can move forward from here, the USCIS must have a valid marriage based petition from you. This petition will have a receipt number associated with it, and a receipt date. You can use that information to log into the USCIS website to get updated information on your case, or you can also try calling them. If you fill in the blanks for us, members can better help....

J

This is the situation I was in.

Her CPC membership was/is a requirement for her job. She inquired about quitting CPC and was rather rudely awakened to the fact by her boss that 30 some other other individuals in the office she worked in were also CPC.

As he put it to her.... quit job first and then CPC. She had her job because of it. Simple as that.

Anyway, the waiver was granted based on one fact that I had to pull from the amended rules regarding exemption waivers that as my fiance, if exemption is valid after marriage, then exemption applies PRIOR to marriage as well. DOS and CIS confirmed exemption and now I'm wondering what needs to be done next. The contact from CIS in Guangzhou stated in the letter to confer all further inquiries to the consulate.

Question is.... whom should be contacted? I have contacted senators offices as stated earlier in this posting, but I'm thinking I want a name and email address. Heck, give me the individuals home address, employee number, SSN, and anything else.

Sad to say, I've been very disappointed to date with the timeliness of all of this. Not to mention the fact that I've had to do the work in uncovering rules/exemptions and feel like I should take on a job with the government as an efficiency expert or something. Perhaps it's the engineer side of me that demands perfection. The impact of late hours and stress unfortunately has serverely impacted my work performance over the past year. I have my own job to contend with. Doing someone else's simply is not just.

Anyway. Any info on next step would be appreciated. I should further add that the I-864 was filed at initial filing of K-1 visa back in May 2005 and I further prepared another I-134 when they requested it for her Jan 2006 interview. The FBI came into the picture when they contacted me regarding my I-864 in Spring 2006 confirming that the documents were indeed in possession by the government.

Any feedback please.

Drew

Additional info:

Contacted my FBI guy and he is on top of it right now over his lunch break to determine I-864 status and get me in contact with correct people.

He was in disbelief that she is not here yet.

Drew

This is the situation I was in.

Her CPC membership was/is a requirement for her job. She inquired about quitting CPC and was rather rudely awakened to the fact by her boss that 30 some other other individuals in the office she worked in were also CPC.

As he put it to her.... quit job first and then CPC. She had her job because of it. Simple as that.

Anyway, the waiver was granted based on one fact that I had to pull from the amended rules regarding exemption waivers that as my fiance, if exemption is valid after marriage, then exemption applies PRIOR to marriage as well. DOS and CIS confirmed exemption and now I'm wondering what needs to be done next. The contact from CIS in Guangzhou stated in the letter to confer all further inquiries to the consulate.

Question is.... whom should be contacted? I have contacted senators offices as stated earlier in this posting, but I'm thinking I want a name and email address. Heck, give me the individuals home address, employee number, SSN, and anything else.

Sad to say, I've been very disappointed to date with the timeliness of all of this. Not to mention the fact that I've had to do the work in uncovering rules/exemptions and feel like I should take on a job with the government as an efficiency expert or something. Perhaps it's the engineer side of me that demands perfection. The impact of late hours and stress unfortunately has serverely impacted my work performance over the past year. I have my own job to contend with. Doing someone else's simply is not just.

Anyway. Any info on next step would be appreciated. I should further add that the I-864 was filed at initial filing of K-1 visa back in May 2005 and I further prepared another I-134 when they requested it for her Jan 2006 interview. The FBI came into the picture when they contacted me regarding my I-864 in Spring 2006 confirming that the documents were indeed in possession by the government.

Any feedback please.

Drew

Have requested directly thru email form to consulate what next step in process is to complete visa per previous recommendation to do so.

This of course is in addition to the senators offices that have sent out requests to confirm process as well.

I asked if they have sent her a letter instructing to send passport via mail.

Should have info shortly regarding confirmation of Affidavit of Support I-864 also to further substantiate that they have my financial records in place. This should hopefully belay any further delays. She has an I-134 that I prepared a year ago also with a banker that will swear to it's extensive content after a few hours of stamp/copy/notary sign all of them. She was not too happy I might add and has been very curious when she will be here also after all that work on her behalf.

Drew

E-mail the consulate, telling them of your previous and current status, and that you are ready for a visa.

I couldn't find the web-page for the GUZ e-mail just now, but it's a web-form that you enter your information on. They are VERY responsive.