always something

my girl got her Social in the mail today....

it says

"valid for work only with dhs authorazation"

i guess thats normal...

what is DHS?

i looked at it more closer and found out the stupid freakin IDIOTS! wrote her maiden name on it... :roller:

how this happened i have no idea

so we filed AOS with my name and she recieved her SS with her maiden name.

ill tell you Longwood Florida SS field office have a bunch of real winners working over there. :D

i guess we just gotta role with it

Edited by izus (see edit history)

Lee, sometimes you just crack me up... :P

DHS = Department of Homeland Security

We had no problem getting SS card in wife's new married name. First trick was we got her a State ID card with her married name. Then we took this along with marriage license to SSA office. Card came in her married name.

Now, I would wait until after AOS is approved and she has green card. Then you can get her name changed and have "Valid for work only with DHS Authorization" removed at the same time.

Edited by C4Racer (see edit history)
Guest ShaQuaNew

We also had a problem with the naming indicated on the Social Security department's computer. Some of the folk that work there will provide preferential treatment in providing an illegal person a number, and hold up those that are legal because they don't understand Chinese naming; e.g., pinyun Vs Chinese characters. For example, my wife's Chinese name is written with two identical characters. Depending upon who translates those characters, you can come up with either one or two words; Lan Lan, or Lanlan. Both are correct, it's a matter of who did the translating. My wife's passport has her name translated as two words, which is what we always used. However, the I-94 (document stapled inside the passport) spells it out a one word. This simple issue delayed us receiving her SSN that day, despite all attempts to clear it up. The very same lady that denied us that day provided a columbian man, whose passport had expired six years before, and did not have any other paperwork, a social security number that day. They both spoke spanish....

DHS is Department of Homeland Security, the people that oversees USCIS. So the disclaimer means you need Employment Authorization Document (EAD) to work.