Got P-2 for I-130

Finally we got the P-2 for the I-130 but the I-129 that said it was sent to California back in August now says at the USCIS website that it was sent to Missouri? I didnt even know they had a center there. Does anyone have an idea why this would be?

Thanks,

Rick & Liyan

Missouri is the National Bennifits Center (NBC)

They process Life Act cases. Filing an I-129F with I-130 in the case of K-3 visa the I-129F gets processed at (NBC)

Sounds like your case is moving along in the right directions, makes sense, the I-129F would first be sent to your normal service center for your area (CSC) as a fiance visa petition, then get moved to NBC for special processing when it is determined to be part of a K-3 visa.

LIFE Act Forms Processed at NBC,
  • I-539 Application to Extend/Change Nonimmigrant Status (only for applicants seeking V1, V2, or V3 status, extension of V1, V2, or V3 status, or extension of K3/K4 status)
  • I-129F Petition for Alien Fianc¨¦(e) (relating to spouses of United States citizens seeking K3 visas only)
  • I-817 Application for Family Unity Benefits (for spouses and children of LIFE Legalization applicants)
  • I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status under LIFE Legalization (Note: The LIFE Act Legalization program ended on June 4, 2003. I-485s filed under the LIFE Act are no longer being accepted.)
  • I-290B, Notice of Appeal to the Administrative Appeals Unit (for denied LIFE Legalization I-485s)
  • I-131 Application for Travel Document associated with an I-485 or I-817 filed under the LIFE Act

NBC (Old Site)

NBC (New website)

They process Life Act cases. Filing an I-129F with I-130 in the case of K-3 visa the I-129F gets processed at (NBC)

Sounds like your case is moving along in the right directions, makes sense, the I-129F would first be sent to your normal service center for your area (CSC) as a fiance visa petition, then get moved to NBC for special processing when it is determined to be part of a K-3 visa.

I'm not sure I agree with this.. that it would be sent to CSC as a fiance petition. This hasn't happened as far as I can recall...

I'd be more inclined to think it went to CSC due to the new ruling... and maybe they go back to NBC when done.

Beginning October 23, 2006, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) National Benefits Center (NBC) began transferring Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancee), (petitions for K-3-spouses of U.S. citizens only), to the California Service Center (CSC) and the Vermont Service Center (VSC), depending on the location of the related Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative.

I'm not sure I agree with this.. that it would be sent to CSC as a fiance petition. This hasn't happened as far as I can recall...

I'd be more inclined to think it went to CSC due to the new ruling... and maybe they go back to NBC when done.

Beginning October 23, 2006, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) National Benefits Center (NBC) began transferring Form I-129F, Petition for Alien Fiancee), (petitions for K-3-spouses of U.S. citizens only), to the California Service Center (CSC) and the Vermont Service Center (VSC), depending on the location of the related Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative.

My K3 I-129 was mailed to a post office box in Chicago and went directly to the Missouri center/NBC. The only reason(s) I could see yours being transferred there from California is if you mistakenly sent it to California to begin with another office made mistake.

David, didn't you just post something about USCIS starting to match up K3 petitions with the same service Center processing the I-130? Anyway, if the K3 case number begins with MSC, its processing began at NBC in Missouri.

My K3 I-129 was mailed to a post office box in Chicago and went directly to the Missouri center/NBC. The only reason(s) I could see yours being transferred there from California is if you mistakenly sent it to California to begin with another office made mistake.

David, didn't you just post something about USCIS starting to match up K3 petitions with the same service Center processing the I-130? Anyway, if the K3 case number begins with MSC, its processing began at NBC in Missouri.

Yes I did... and you quoted [me] , an excerpt that I quoted from it :rolleyes: :P

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

Yes I did... and you quoted [me] , an excerpt that I quoted from it :rolleyes: :P

I guess I didn't read your whole post. :P Any idea whether this applies only to newly received petitions or also ones in process? I would think it is for knew only but that's just a guess.

Any idea whether this applies only to newly received petitions or also ones in process? I would think it is for knew only but that's just a guess.

I'm going to take a guess too... :rolleyes:

Since this stipulates I-130 petitions filed at USCIS service centers starting on Oct.23, 2006... I would assume that any filed prior to that are not affected.

Because the two service centers are not forwarding the I-130 to NVC [for consular adjustment], if one is at NVC or consualte that would appear to state consular adjustment is being pursued.

Any idea whether this applies only to newly received petitions or also ones in process? I would think it is for knew only but that's just a guess.

I'm going to take a guess too... :rolleyes:

Since this stipulates I-130 petitions filed at USCIS service centers starting on Oct.23, 2006... I would assume that any filed prior to that are not affected.

Because the two service centers are not forwarding the I-130 to NVC [for consular adjustment], if one is at NVC or consualte that would appear to state consular adjustment is being pursued.

We're guessing the same thing, so I agree with the guess (smiley noted) but I don't think your paraphrase accurately restates the quoted paragraph. Does some other part of the article mention "I-130 petitions filed at centers starting". What I see is "I-129s" being transferred beginning on a certain date. I can't tell if they are referring only to K3 petitions filed/received from that day forward. That's why I'm guessing. Since the OP filed long before, I'm surmising his K3 petition is still being processed by NBC.

If our guess is wrong, then I see a mess for K3 petitions pending NOA2.

I'm going to take a guess too... :D

We're guessing the same thing, so I agree with the guess (smiley noted) but I don't think your paraphrase accurately restates the quoted paragraph. Does some other part of the article mention "I-130 petitions filed at centers starting". What I see is "I-129s" being transferred beginning on a certain date. I can't tell if they are referring only to K3 petitions filed/received from that day forward. That's why I'm guessing. Since the OP filed long before, I'm surmising his K3 petition is still being processed by NBC.

If our guess is wrong, then I see a mess for K3 petitions pending NOA2.

The full quote (in another thread) states (as an excerpt):

USCIS will continue to forward approved Form I-129F (K-3) petitions to the National Visa Center (NVC) for consular processing. However, it will retain approved Form I-130 petitions, based upon a mutual agreement with the Department of State. ..... USCIS will store approved Form I-130 petitions at its National Record Center (NRC).

SO I take it to mean that the start of the I-129F being sent to one of two 'sister centers' (VSC or CSC) will also start their withholding of the approved I-130...

Maybe I'm applying the explicit 'start' of one, implicitly to the other.. but I'm in guess mode after all :beer:

Thanks,

I had just never seen where anyone mentioned that they had this happen to them. Yes it does start with a MSC so that makes sense..Atleast I know we are still moving.... :lol: