The Finish line

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd temper the optimism. It does look like positive rather than negative news, though. My guess is GUZ sent an SAO to DOS and have received a reply. The ball is now in GUZ's court to decide what to do with the response.

I hope it will result in a letter to bring her passport in for a visa. But I would still keep in mind that a different outcome might be just a likely.

May I inquire what an SAO is? :threeques:

Rick

I'd temper the optimism. It does look like positive rather than negative news, though. My guess is GUZ sent an SAO to DOS and have received a reply. The ball is now in GUZ's court to decide what to do with the response.

I hope it will result in a letter to bring her passport in for a visa. But I would still keep in mind that a different outcome might be just a likely.

May I inquire what an SAO is? :threeques:

When I stated a feeling it went outside of the IV unit.. I was thinking about this... Don's just a tickler for detail ! :P

Security Advisory Opinion (SAO)

This is often used for party membership issues, but can also be used to resolve namecheck 'hits', review applicant's working in certain fields, or to resolve any threat issues to national security, etc.

Once something is issued to the SAO, the consulate can do nothing till they get a response. Maybe they got a response or maybe it was just something else.. whatever it is, something finish; now something else can occur.

o by the way, for what reason they generally put people under AP?

Administrative Processing or Administrative Review are really catch-all terms to mean that some checking is going on. It can be as simply as verifying documentation or namecheck related issues. It's duration is unknown since the reason for the AP or AR is usually not shared. Just means wait...

Eunice, the avatar is in Jiujiang at the Yangtze River.

Did you drink by the Yangtze River and write poems like Li Bai? :D :threeques:

Be careful hanging around the ghost of this poet... considering he supposely fell into the yangtze [drunk] trying to grasp the moons reflection... :P but 'drowning' was also a way of describing pneumonia.. [even if he crawled out of the water]. ;)

Edited by DavidZixuan (see edit history)

You can read all this if you want. http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17325 It is long.

But gives you an idea of what happened. Mostly me whinning. :threeques:

Eunice, the avatar is in Jiujiang at the Yangtze River.

Did you drink by the Yangtze River and write poems like Li Bai? ;) :threeques:

Be careful hanging around the ghost of this poet... considering he supposely fell into the yangtze [drunk] trying to grasp the moons reflection... :D but 'drowning' was also a way of describing pneumonia.. [even if he crawled out of the water]. ;)

Now I understand why Eunice asked me this :P

You can read all this if you want. http://candleforlove.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17325 It is long.

But gives you an idea of what happened. Mostly me whinning. :threeques:

I do collect the interview posts in the Timelines... and have a separate tab for "blue slip" cases..

THe easiest way to research any (or all) blueslip cases is to go here as a start... then click at the bottom on blue slips.

History Timeline