Is there a dead line for submitting a tax return or W2s at the interview. If the interview is in March for example and you have all your W2's and 1099's but don't have a complete tax return, is that enough? Are they (GUZ) going to demand a tax return by a certain date?

Thanks again.

Stac, I would think that if April 15 hadn't come yet, 2005 would suffice. the W2's and 1099's wouldn't be a bad idea though, IMO.

I would also agree with Sir Charles.

W2s or 1099 etc.

Everyone knows April 15th is the deadline for income taxes.

Some file in Feb, some in March and some wait till the last minute

while others that owe file for ext.

JMO

Bobby....

If you were asked for taxes, and didn't have them filed yet, then I'd offer them W2s and an current employer letter showing that your income and employment (as reflected on the one accepted by NVC) is at the same or higher level.

If for some reason they demand a tax return, they you fall into overcome and simply have to return any evidence by the overcome deadline. I think that's one year.

I will agree that April 15 seems to be the unofficial cutoff for both the

I-134 and I-864 (AOS).

For Jie's AOS, my 2005 taxes were not yet complete, and I was under extension until October (as I do every year). When I filed in June, I sent 2004 taxes with copies of the extensions, plus 2005 W2's and 1099's, plus current income statements.

I was quickly RFE'd and asked for 2005 taxes, which was what got me off my rear to get them completed. Once they recieved the 05's, her AOS was approved.

So, I'd go with the April 15 cutoff.