CFL Hainan

http://weather.msn.com/tenday.aspx?wealocations=wc:8074162

Roger are we going to be able to sustain all this waiting before we retire??? You might just freeze to death in Wisconsin and I might die of thirst before we can get over there. :D

My heart is there already Charles... :( Just waiting for the rest of me to catch up... :rolleyes:

Nothing tropical yet, but I have my houses in Jinghong (hot jungle like), and Deeyang (close to Chengdu, Sichuan). I am thinking of selling the one in Jinghong in a few years and getting one some where else.

It sounds like you have a pretty good pair picked out already Don...Chengdu is very good in the summer and Jinghong for the winter... :D

We also decided that the weather was VERY imporatnt for our retirement homes...For the summer (May-Oct) Yuxi, Yunnan averages 60-74 with the hottest summer months of June-Aug being only 62-77...all-time summer highs in Yuxi are only in the mid 80s...AC is almost unknown...for the winter months of Nov-Apr Qionghai, Hainan averages 65-77 with the coldest month, January, being 61-73... :)

lao Po's brother gets the keys to our Deeyang house on Monday. Now we have to get fininshing done inside.

Ah I'm glad you brought up the key thing... :D Our Yuxi house was almost finished when we bought it (almost finished unfinished I mean... :D ) The contractor still had to get in to close the windows after the concrete cured, etc. so we were given 2 construction keys that would unlock the door then and a set of 6 final keys. We could only use the construction keys until everything was complete and then once we used a final key in the lock the construction keys would no longer work... ;) Now I am NOT a locksmith but how is this possible??? :ph34r: Or have I been yanked??? :P

Edited by rogerluli (see edit history)
  • Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://weather.msn.com/tenday.aspx?wealocations=wc:8074162

Roger are we going to be able to sustain all this waiting before we retire??? You might just freeze to death in Wisconsin and I might die of thirst before we can get over there. :o

My heart is there already Charles... ;) Just waiting for the rest of me to catch up... :)

Nothing tropical yet, but I have my houses in Jinghong (hot jungle like), and Deeyang (close to Chengdu, Sichuan). I am thinking of selling the one in Jinghong in a few years and getting one some where else.

It sounds like you have a pretty good pair picked out already Don...Chengdu is very good in the summer and Jinghong for the winter... :D

We also decided that the weather was VERY imporatnt for our retirement homes...For the summer (May-Oct) Yuxi, Yunnan averages 60-74 with the hottest summer months of June-Aug being only 62-77...all-time summer highs in Yuxi are only in the mid 80s...AC is almost unknown...for the winter months of Nov-Apr Qionghai, Hainan averages 65-77 with the coldest month, January, being 61-73... :)

lao Po's brother gets the keys to our Deeyang house on Monday. Now we have to get fininshing done inside.

Ah I'm glad you brought up the key thing... :huh: Our Yuxi house was almost finished when we bought it (almost finished unfinished I mean... :blink: ) The contractor still had to get in to close the windows after the concrete cured, etc. so we were given 2 construction keys that would unlock the door then and a set of 6 final keys. We could only use the construction keys until everything was complete and then once we used a final key in the lock the construction keys would no longer work... ;) Now I am NOT a locksmith but how is this possible??? :P Or have I been yanked??? :P

It could work if the locks are electronic, but mechanical locks?

Ah I'm glad you brought up the key thing... :huh: Our Yuxi house was almost finished when we bought it (almost finished unfinished I mean... B) ) The contractor still had to get in to close the windows after the concrete cured, etc. so we were given 2 construction keys that would unlock the door then and a set of 6 final keys. We could only use the construction keys until everything was complete and then once we used a final key in the lock the construction keys would no longer work... ;) Now I am NOT a locksmith but how is this possible??? :( Or have I been yanked??? :P

I'm going to guess that the real keys are longer than the contractor's keys ?? and that when you put the real keys in, it breaks a seal that had been holding additional pins in place?

Maybe a plastic tip equivalent to the tip of the real key, which gets pushed out of the way by the real key. No Indiana Jones required!

http://www.sternfannetwork.com/forum/images/smilies/Animations/rainbow-switch.gif

Yeap with what Randy said

It work something like that

too easy, but clever. I just watched Indian Jones with Ping and daughter. We must learn common American culture, so we can understand post like Dan R. It is amazing how much we add such saying to our everyday speech.

Ah I'm glad you brought up the key thing... :huh: Our Yuxi house was almost finished when we bought it (almost finished unfinished I mean... :lol: ) The contractor still had to get in to close the windows after the concrete cured, etc. so we were given 2 construction keys that would unlock the door then and a set of 6 final keys. We could only use the construction keys until everything was complete and then once we used a final key in the lock the construction keys would no longer work... ;) Now I am NOT a locksmith but how is this possible??? :blink: Or have I been yanked??? :P

I'm going to guess that the real keys are longer than the contractor's keys ?? and that when you put the real keys in, it breaks a seal that had been holding additional pins in place?

Maybe a plastic tip equivalent to the tip of the real key, which gets pushed out of the way by the real key. No Indiana Jones required!

http://www.sternfannetwork.com/forum/images/smilies/Animations/rainbow-switch.gif

Good guess Randy but no cigar... :huh: Having actually looked at the 2 keys now after I got home I have ascertained that the construction key has 2 slots cut in the sides, perpendicular to the key, and the final keys have none. They both work with a series of 7 tiny holes on each side drilled partly through to varying depths... ;) unlike any keys I have seen in the US... ;)

Ah I'm glad you brought up the key thing... :huh: Our Yuxi house was almost finished when we bought it (almost finished unfinished I mean... :lol: ) The contractor still had to get in to close the windows after the concrete cured, etc. so we were given 2 construction keys that would unlock the door then and a set of 6 final keys. We could only use the construction keys until everything was complete and then once we used a final key in the lock the construction keys would no longer work... ;) Now I am NOT a locksmith but how is this possible??? :blink: Or have I been yanked??? :P

Good guess Randy but no cigar... :huh: Having actually looked at the 2 keys now after I got home I have ascertained that the construction key has 2 slots cut in the sides, perpendicular to the key, and the final keys have none. They both work with a series of 7 tiny holes on each side drilled partly through to varying depths... ;) unlike any keys I have seen in the US... ;)

Roggie we had the same in our Condo in Chongqing and once you

use the new key the old key "construction key/s" don't work anymore

but we only got 4 keys... guess your special being a Mod and all??

same as our new home in the states "the construction key/s" don't

open the doors once the new is used.

Don't worry be happy!!!!

Ah I'm glad you brought up the key thing... :P Our Yuxi house was almost finished when we bought it (almost finished unfinished I mean... :huh: ) The contractor still had to get in to close the windows after the concrete cured, etc. so we were given 2 construction keys that would unlock the door then and a set of 6 final keys. We could only use the construction keys until everything was complete and then once we used a final key in the lock the construction keys would no longer work... ;) Now I am NOT a locksmith but how is this possible??? ;) Or have I been yanked??? ;)

Good guess Randy but no cigar... ;) Having actually looked at the 2 keys now after I got home I have ascertained that the construction key has 2 slots cut in the sides, perpendicular to the key, and the final keys have none. They both work with a series of 7 tiny holes on each side drilled partly through to varying depths... :huh: unlike any keys I have seen in the US... ;)

Roggie we had the same in our Condo in Chongqing and once you

use the new key the old key "construction key/s" don't work anymore

but we only got 4 keys... guess your special being a Mod and all??

same as our new home in the states "the construction key/s" don't

open the doors once the new is used.

Don't worry be happy!!!!

This place is a veritable fountain of mis-information... :blink: :lol:

Good guess Randy but no cigar... ;) Having actually looked at the 2 keys now after I got home I have ascertained that the construction key has 2 slots cut in the sides, perpendicular to the key, and the final keys have none. They both work with a series of 7 tiny holes on each side drilled partly through to varying depths... :D unlike any keys I have seen in the US... :unsure:

A lot of countries are more aware of making keys that are hard to duplicate and locks that are difficult to pick.

Even so, there would have to be something (plastic or wax) that got broken or moved out of the way when you insert the real key.

Right now, 9:30 AM, it is a balmy 10 F here in Wisconsin but of course with the wind chill it is easily BELOW ZERO... :D ;) ;)

In our little Hainan town, it is 76 F at 11:30 PM... <_<

WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING HERE??? :huh:

Waiting for retirement age???? :P

God it's hell to be a wage slave... :lol:

But on the bright side it's now up to 12 F... B)

Right now, 9:30 AM, it is a balmy 10 F here in Wisconsin but of course with the wind chill it is easily BELOW ZERO... :cold: :cold: :cold:

In our little Hainan town, it is 76 F at 11:30 PM... :smartass:

WHAT THE HELL AM I DOING HERE??? :huh:

Waiting for retirement age???? :P

God it's hell to be a wage slave... :pilot:

But on the bright side it's now up to 12 F... B)

Hey Roger you are only 64 F behind now. You will get there buddy! ;)

Here is what some of your neighbors look like in Hainan Roger.

http://www.tarantula-shop.com/shop/images/uploads/Gold_Schmidti.jpg

Try not to bother them as the are VERY defensive. :blink:

I think the little guy is kind of cute... :o He's the second neighbor we've met...The other one in our building is the sales manager of the development company...But I'm not sure if your friend can play mah-jong??? :ph34r: